Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking customer service

Littlevicdon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I gave 30 days notice to cancel my sim in Jan  and nothing was done so did it again a month later and still not done so again a month later.  I was on hold for an hour to be transferred to someone new to start all over again.  Had someone promise to ring me back but did not.  Three months down the line no disconnection, 4hrs wasted on the phone, complaint to customer reviews who have still not replied and now getting bills saying they will keep adding payments on for not paying and will report me for bad credit.  I gave notice in Jan and it is now getting me stressed as it is like talking to a brick wall.  Shocking service and I never used any data etc on the sim as it was part of a package and was told they would just disconnect me and I owe nothing in Jan but paid Jan and Feb payments! Shocking customer service and would never use or recommend 02.  Can anyone else agree to shocking service?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@Littlevicdon 

Guide Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Littlevicdon
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried all that and they have still not cancelled it.  Shocking service and would not recommend or use again - that is what I am trying to point out 

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23117 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Littlevicdon There is no mystique about cancelling a contract. A simple search on Google would have given you the answer you needed. Giving 30 days notice isn't necessary and hasn't been for some time. If you had longer than 30 days to go on your contract you would have to pay the remainder. There isn't any reason to speak to anyone either. You send a text to either get a PAC if you want to keep your number, or a STAC if you don't, as per the link above. From what I can see in your post you've just made it more difficult for yourself than it should have been.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Littlevicdon
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have even done that and they have not cancelled my contract as I am still getting bills and when I rang they did tell me I had to give 30 days notice in Jan which I did.  I have never used the sim so just wanted to cancel it.  I never had any such problems with any other company before like this 

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10203 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Littlevicdon 

It sounds like it is linked to either Virgin Media's Oomph plan or VM volt, both of which have minimum terms applied to them, and  not using them doesnt absolve of the having to pay off any outstanding term remaining, and with Volt sims VM will recalculate your monthly bill to cover the discount.. 

Did you cancel the Virgin service at the same time?? Who did you speak to o2 or Virgin Media.. 

Do you still have the sim? if so then text info to 85075 from it and it will tell you what is outstanding and that will be able to inform you of how to proceed..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6