cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting "proof of purchase", absolutely appalling

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bit of a rant.
Phone was stolen last week, rang O2 to block immediately which they did. Said they would send a proof of purchase confirmation through email and post to give to the insurance. Never arrived (gave it a week), so rang up and they said they'd send another one, but the email could take "up to 24 hours".
I'm sorry but how can an email take 24 hours? It's an email, it's instant.
Anyway, 28 hours later, the email arrived, except that it didn't have anything on it confirming the phone was blocked, as I'd requested (twice now). Rang up again and spoke to someone who had no idea what I was on about and didn't know what a proof of purchase was, got put through to someone else who said they'd amend the record and send out ANOTHER confirmation email. That was 30 hours ago and it still hasn't come.
Absolutely appalling service, all I need is one little sentence from O2 confirming my phone is blocked so that my insurance company will send me a new phone and yet it's taken them 10 days so far and still nothing has arrived. And how the HELL can an email take any longer than 10 minutes to come? Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think they were saying it would take 24 hours between them sending it and it reaching you - presumably there's some team responsible for checking your details, writing the e-mail and sending it out and there's a 24 hour turnaround for it.
Pretty weak though, don't know why it should take that long really.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think they were saying it would take 24 hours between them sending it and it reaching you - presumably there's some team responsible for checking your details, writing the e-mail and sending it out and there's a 24 hour turnaround for it.
Pretty weak though, don't know why it should take that long really.

I would accept that, except each call has been 15 minutes long and has finished with "I've changed that for you now sir and sent it off", which to me, implies they're changed it for me and sent it off!
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd guess then that there's some kind of 'Quality' team who check all the e-mails / letters being sent out?
Don't know how O2 does it, but that's been the case at other places I've worked - to make sure no-one's sending anything offensive / wrong / badly spelled etc.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd guess then that there's some kind of 'Quality' team who check all the e-mails / letters being sent out?
Don't know how O2 does it, but that's been the case at other places I've worked - to make sure no-one's sending anything offensive / wrong / badly spelled etc.

Kind of,
It used to be that an agent would fill in a template, print it out and then put it in the post. However, this was wide open inconsistent quality.
So, it's now the case that the agent fills in an electronic form which goes to a specific team who create the proof of purchase and email/post it out. As the customer's request will be sat in a queue to be processed o2 give a 24 hour timescale for it to be dealt with...although it's often quicker.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
That sounds like it makes sense, but it has now been 48 hours and I STILL haven't heard anything...? DO I ring up for the fourth time?
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
That sounds like it makes sense, but it has now been 48 hours and I STILL haven't heard anything...? DO I ring up for the fourth time?

Definitely!
Message 7 of 7