cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Mobile phone signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live in an area where o2 is the only useable signal,albeit still very weak. At my home address I have to stand by an upstairs window or go outside to make or receive calls.
I heard that a booster is available to plug in at home to improve the signal around the house.
Is this true and if so information please.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
A UMA device is ok but relies on you having your own wi-fi network:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/357955 ... -reception
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
This nonsense reminds me of the CB radio on AM years ago. I remember the Police confiscating CB radios etc out of the fur lined cars, whilst "Don't you want me baby" was blasting from the Alpine stereo... furry dice disgarded during the search.:)
There will eventually be a solution or they will have to start building more prisons. :womanindifferent:

Keep it real!!!
Message 22 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had an accident on the M4 (off Heston) on Friday eve 29 October and as a result of a poor signal from O2 I was unable to call my road assistance or even my insurance. The area I had the crash ws only 10mins away from the Chiswick roundabout yet no evidence of any O2 signal. The guy who crashed onto my car was on Vodafone and I had to use his mobile to ask for help. Nice er? O2 is just an unreliable service provider. When I called their customer services, they blamed my lack of signal to bad weather conditions when in reality there was some light rain! I have been unhappy with them for quite some time now but this was the icing on the cake. Back to Vodafone again even if that means I have to pay more.

Its called attenuation, and yes radio waves can be quite badly affected by said light rain, snow and the worst of the lot, fog (though wind can be annoying too), most of this depends on the transmitter power and distance away from the cell, but its a real pain if you use radio waves (ever noticed your sky go off in rain? same thing)
Tony
Message 23 of 23