cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing restrictions (call time and txt amount) on an accoun

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

My daughter has a P-n-G O2 SIM and I'm thinking of putting her onto a contract on my account (i'm pay monthly) as it would be cheaper (she get's topped up at least £20 a month at the moment, damn teenagers).

What I really want to know though, does anyone know if it's possible for me, the account holder to have restrictions placed on this 'second' account.
For example, I get her a 30-day Simplicity contract with X minutes and X txts, can I have it so that once X minutes or X txts are used - no more out-going calls or txts can be made until the next billing period begins?
So she doesn't end up costing me more than the contract.

If restrictions like this can not be put in place, how about some sort of warning?
Like an email or a text sent to me stating that the second account is nearing it's inclusive minutes / txt limit?

I emailed CS about this and just got told to phone the Sales Desk who would be able to answer these questions.

Any information would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Pay as you go seems safer.

Paid for calls run out - service stops; monthly account - service will run on and it all gets added to your bill.

I don't think there are any systems in place to stop, or warn of excessive use.

Hope this helps.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
you would be responsible for monitoring the account and you can place the bars yourself call customer service to have this service set up on your account I use it and it is great
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can sen a blank text message to 21202 and it will send you a reply to let you know how many mins and texts you have left and also if you have any recent charges on your account
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
From memory, there is no way of putting an upper limit on calls/texts that can be used. The closest option would be to moniter the amount used in the unbilled usage of the online bill and call customer service once this is about to run out, baring in mind the billing system is 48 hours behind, P&G may still be your best option.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
From memory, there is no way of putting an upper limit on calls/texts that can be used. The closest option would be to moniter the amount used in the unbilled usage of the online bill and call customer service once this is about to run out, baring in mind the billing system is 48 hours behind, P&G may still be your best option.

Billing system is about 2 hours behind (10 minutes if the network isn't busy)

Recently advisor's were told that no bars can be added at customers requests anymore so don't bank on being able to do this. Also they don't put a limit on accounts, its not that they can't do it, its that they can't guarantee the service and if it fails then o2 are the ones who have to write the bill off.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies people, much appreciated.

The main reason for putting her on a contract is to get free 02 to 02 calls as she's got a busier social life than me! and thats where most of the money goes now, arranging her days with her friends but it seems PnG may be the best option to keep tabs on the amount of money we spend on her phone.

Thanks again for the input people.
Message 7 of 7