cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered phone for collection but got no confirmation email

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a Moto G5 from the website yesterday but did not receive an e mail to confirm this or an order number. I had chosen to order to collect from the local O2 shop so went there to see if they could help. They knew nothing of my purchase so they phoned customer services who told me this phone wouldn't be in stock for another week, despite the website saying I could collect from the store the same day. The shop suggested the payment may not have gone through so I went to the bank to check this. The latter confirmed Telefonica had been paid £119.99. I returned to the shop where they again offered to sell me the phone but I did not want to pay twice! They then phoned the complaints dept. I was told they would investigate and phone me on my mobile today. They failed to do so. Still no e mail and nothing has appeared in my e mail account. I have also checked My 02 account and it says I don't have any products or services in my account.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144830 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Only customer service can help you http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
We are all customers like yourself on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123255 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Another reason why it's best to go instore. O2 should have a live stock order system. They don't and this happens constantly. People place an order online in good faith, pay O2 a fair amount of money, press buy now and then have to wait and wait till the phone comes into stock. 

It's pointless telling you to cancel the contract and go elsewhere because you now have no funds to do that.

As said above you need to keep on to customer services @Anonymous only they can tell you when the device will come back in stock...

To add...Nothing will show in My O2 until your order is processed and dispatched..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to our community! Sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with your order. 😞 Please do let us know how you get on after contacting customer service as suggested above?

Thanks @MI5 and @Cleoriff for your advice.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
So pleased you have written this. I've had the same problem today too! Apparently though this never happens. (obviously it does as there are two of us with exactly the same problem! I spent over an hour on the phone this morning to customer services trying to sort this and in store. They agreed to upgrade the phone for me to one that was in stock but then backtracked. I'm having to now wait with a very very dissapointed 11 year old until tomorrow evening for a phone that quite worryingly isn't showing up as an order yet in my account. Ash on the pay as you go team was fantastic today, as was a very lovely lady from the mansfield store (im so sorry, I was really upset and didn't write her name down properly) but the systems seriously screwed up. They messed up by allowing an order to go. Through last night that couldn't be fulfilled and then expected me to order another phone AND wait five working days for a refund. I literally had no money and couldn't afford to this. They wouldn't change the model. On order to a different handset as they kept saying it wasn't in stock in store. There were three in stock, not reserved and one of them was a few feet away from me. I'm now hoping it's arriving tomorrow evening but I'm not holding my breath. It's been a horrible experience bar these two. Members of staff and I will be going to trading standards tomorrow if the order doesn't arrive as promised.
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123255 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to hear of this poor experience but sadly it's quite common as you can see from posts above.
The only thing you can do is keep chasing customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  and if doesnt arrive as promised then make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

You have to follow this process before moving on trading standards etc.

By the way the order will only show in My O2 when it has been processed and dispatched. Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yet another terrible customer experience and it's now a year round experience rather than just when new phones are released. It's difficult to recommend O2 as a company to deal with right now with the multitude of website and system errors and not to mention the roaming debacle. 

Hope you don't get let down further @Anonymous

Message 7 of 7