cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of those I'm off posts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, at the risk of annoying everybody, I'm off to pastures new.

Sorry O2, all those customer service moments of the past where people actually resolved problems and made me think that I might be valued have come to mean nothing. It was great whilst it lasted. What I don't understand is why now has O2 decided that longstanding customer relationships mean nothing.

This year my standard monthly bill is about 60 per month. I used to have 2 phones until last yr when one went to t-mobile. A few years ago my roaming would be up to 1000 per month.

This month, I hit 190 roaming charges so O2 send me an email saying pay up or risk getting cut off- great, when you're out of the country for 4 days! It's the first time I've been told to pay like this, where was the note about the policy change? When speaking on live chat, I told O2 that if I have to pay up, I would just request my PAC code.

In the end, the debacle of the 5s made my decision. Last year I got a 5 from Apple on a 12mnth O2 contract (I mentioned it on here then got an abusive response from 1 person or thing). Anyway, this year def no 12 month contract and if it's through O2 it has to be on refresh or so I was told. On live chat, all I got was how great refresh is....well, for me, it's ill thought out. I can expense my phone but any handset fees can not be reimbursed, whilst a standard payment can be. Nobody told me that I can still get a standard contract at CPW or phones4u etc although they would be 24month not 12.

Anyway, O2 then had the brainwave that they would not stock any in store from launch. What a great message to customers! I hit the ground at 9.15am yesterday, tardy in know. The O2 store looked sad, opening at 10 whilst Apple had tons of people outside snaking around the barriers.

Surely, stock would be non existent, but I walked into the dark side of Vodafone, had a cup of tea (two actually and 1 cookie) and walked out with a 64gb 5s on a 12 month contract with 12gb data and spotify.

I have used my PAC but am sorry to leave O2, in the past they've treated me well. Delivered IPhones on day of launch when they weren't available for pre order but all for nought. It's now a utility like anything else. I accept my spend is no longer considerable and I no longer qualify as platinum, but I still have fair amount of roaming fees etc.

Maybe I've just been spoilt but I've experienced a big change in the way O2 treats customers, well me! Perhaps, last years 12 month contract just delayed the inevitable.

There's nothing that can be done as O2 has made the position clear. My thoughts are that they need to seriously look at how they are perceived as a business. I realise Voda may well be a poor choice, but 4g is excellent here, 32 down and 19 up. What more can I ask? Besides I can switch again in 12months at no cost.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening ninjalondon

It is sad to see you go and I hope Vodafone look after you.

I assume you have made sure this network gives you stable coverage where you live, commute and work.

Your post is littered with comments about chats with 'Live Chat.' 

They are non Uk Outsourced o2 Callcentres who are generally fine for low level general enquiries, but not really when it's account based.

There has been a number of confused customers coming away with perhaps a little muddled info they get from them. 

o2 did well in the past with iPhone launches because they had exclusivity to sell it.

This is now no more and every network and independent wants stock of these new handsets.

Even Apple had limited stocks which according to chatter was because of the fingerprint sensor component parts issue.

I hope you enjoy your new network.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree BOB, but as I was 6000 miles away on Tuesday when O2 threatened to cut me off, I had to use live chat. If they can't help they should escalate.

As for the 5s and super new Refresh, those policies are purely down to O2 and presumably my spending behaviour was deemed to be out of the ordinary and churn was expected. Given other stores having stock, it was a poor decision but perhaps someone at O2 has annoyed some manager at Apple and it's payback time.

Thankfully, service wise, at home it's an improvement over O2 but nothing is perfect and I will see some differences over time. As a point of note, t mobile is poor!
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Typically if people are having problems we suggest ringing o2 via the abroad contact number, or if service has been lost on their mobile phone ,then yes Live Chat is sometimes the only option.

Live Chat we are told are receiving more training which hopefully should improve the service.

We hear so many horror stories in regards to high roaming / data charges that the network obviously had to do something to provide support to their customers.

If the network did nothing and just let charges rack up without sending a warning text then a customer could retort with , why didn't they warn me ? Post.

Also if a phone has been lost or stolen then they are as good as cash, so the network try to protect the persons account too.

That said I really do fully appreciate your stance.

I personally would not take up a refresh tariff but for some its the ideal way of getting their hands on a new handset as they launch.

My preference is to buy mine outright as factory unlocked as this is the cheapest way of getting the new phone, disposable income permitting.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Band of Brothers,

It's not the warning of roaming costs I object to, I welcome those as it reminds me that I should be using skype or tu go, what made me question my view of O2 is the payup or get cut off email at 190 pounds which I have never received before. I used to pay upto 1000 per month in the distant past without any issue whatsoever, hence platinum amongst other things.

I have to say it annoyed me and all I wanted was confirmation that my account would not be suspended.

As for live chat, i tried speaking to a person from 10.30 until 3.30, there are only so many times I can put up with "thanks for your call, you are very important to us but please call back later when were less busy" or something similar. Perhaps, a review of the contents of livechat will help with future training though it's not as if customer services can conjure up a 5s for immediate delivery...although I suspect some customers will have got exactly that:)

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree.

There is a thread on the forum where a lucky few walked away with the iPhone 5s handsets.

To be honest I'm on the iPhone 5 and the 5s is not a massive upgrade.

Someone on say the iPhone 4S would feel the difference more !

I'll wait until the fuss has died down , watch the YouTube reviews ,and have a tinker with the working demo models before I decide to buy it outright. IF !

However you finally decide to go from here I wish you well and have a good evening and weekend.

Message 6 of 6