cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 no service?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else had no service all evening? Seems to be a problem in Bristol/Cardiff/Plymouth. Anyone know wassup?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I just bought 2 X 24 Month iphone contracts having been assured that the O2 signal will be really good in Cheltenham where I live. It is not. It is far from good and particularly weak in my house and a friend's house some 1.5 miles away.I took the phones to a restaurant with me last night, guess what! No signal! This is appalling! Surely there must be a transmitter down? I may have to cancel these contracts.

http://www.webmap.o2.co.uk/ enter postcode

then read the text the coverage predidction is on street only not in house.
click the t&c on the page and it will explain.

ring customer service to see if mast problems or return within 14 days that is why the 14 days are there for you to check it works.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been off now for over 24hrs and still off here in Chorleywood, Herts!
How can they have such a long outage.
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you say you have no signal, do you mean on 2 or 3G or GPRS/EDGE?
I can see no issues with the core or radio network so you should be able to make calls with no difficulties, if you are having issues then please report them to the customer service centre and give your postcode/phone type/2 or 3G issue.
Please also ensure your phone is on automatic so it changes between 2 and 3G and not just set to one or the other.

Thanks slight_smile

PS, please understand that 3G cell coverage shrinks with useage, 2G doesnt.

PPS, ok who brought this original one up grin that was 2 years ago and yes there was an issue that affected all of the southwest due to a site outage, any other issues of late then please follow my above information and we can hopefully help slight_smile
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had NO service (or very limited) since 23/12 in South Essex - we cannot make or receive calls, can only receive texts occasionally (likewise send them). It doesn't matter which phone you have or what contract - I finally got hold of someone at 02 via my landline(gonna be a big bill!!) to be told that the "south site satellite" is being upgraded.........could be sometime before normal service is resumed!! Thanks 02 for doing that over the festive season without telling us!!!
Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
When most cell sites go down it is unscheduled so how can O2 contact you?

Also at this time of year access to some cell sites is extremely limited, I know there is one cell site down that was reported on Christmas day (can't for the life of me remember where) and engineers can't get to it till tomorrow due to restricted access. Hardly O2's fault.
Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
In response to last post - I did say that we were told this was a scheduled upgrade procedure according to the O2 representative - she thought it was probably started before Christmas but put on hold over the holiday period. She seemed hopeful that work would resume today and be completed asap......no change yet though!
Message 26 of 26