cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 doesn't want any visiting foreigner to use their pay as you go sim cards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or that's what I understand from making the UK my O2 applixation downloadable only from UK play store. Do you guys have any idea what percentage of your pay as you go customers has other countries play store accounts and they want to be able to use full functionality of a providers features or applications and by limiting O2 Uk applications only to UK play store is a good way of pushing your own customers to other providers or making them risk their own privacy and security while searching the net for ways to install the aplication not via play store?? Come on at least you can have a downloadable copy of the application on your own website!!!
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27773 Solutions
The issue is that Tanur cannot download the My O2 app as O2 have restricted downloading to UK only.
Have you tried appbrain? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.apps&hl=en
Web site here www.appbrain.com
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum,

This is essentially a Customer to Customer Forum.

If you want an official response to any issue you may have then either fill this form out https://d3tpuxked45kzt.cloudfront.net/v.1.6.71/client/assets/engagement.html?app_id=63960994 ,or Private Message the site co Ordinator here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60444 His name is Toby.

O2 have no issue with a person visiting the Uk using a Payg Sim Card as it's all revenue to them. slight_smile

In the interim if we can assist you we will.

Can you be a little more specific on what your trying to achieve.

Are you having issues downloading the Myo2 App.

When you talk about "PlayStore" I think about Google Play Store, which is used to download Apps for Android phones.

O2 does not own or run this service.

I look forward to your reply.

Take care.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27773 Solutions
The issue is that Tanur cannot download the My O2 app as O2 have restricted downloading to UK only.
Have you tried appbrain? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.apps&hl=en
Web site here www.appbrain.com
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you @MI5

@Anonymous you can see what your allowance balances are via texting BALANCE to 20202 for Payg if that's any help.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
well I know how to use O2 services and do whatever I need to do. @MI5 is right. The issue is MyO2 application being restricted to only UK google play store. Which those restrictions are there not because Google Play application store puts them there but because whoever puts up an application there to be downloaded choses the regional availability. So it's not my personal issue. It is O2's preferences I'm talking about. I had someone with a UK google play store account download and extract the apk file for me to install the application whic now I use. But not everyone has that option or skill to be able to access something that should be accessible without regional restrictions.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's good to know @Anonymous

Take care.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you @Anonymous for your advise here. I was trying to make a point and I will make an official complaint following your advise wink This topic is just to raise some awaraness about the issue. Same restrictions are in place for apple store as well. slight_smile
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you @Anonymous for your advise here. I was trying to make a point and I will make an official complaint following your advise wink This topic is just to raise some awaraness about the issue. Same restrictions are in place for apple store as well. slight_smile

What restrictions are you experiencing reference Apple Stores ?

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Obviously MyO2 app only being available in Apple store Uk for download..
Message 9 of 9