cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Day Delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered an iPhone 8S Plus 256 Gb yesterday and was told that it would be next day delivery between 12pm and 6pm. I've tracked the order online and all it says is 'in progress' and under delivery option it simply says 'not appicable'. 

I spoke to someone at O2 who simply informed me that it hasn't been despatched due to a delay, but he couldn't tell me when it would be despatched or therefore, when it will be delivered. 

The thing I'm angry about is the complete absence of any communication from O2 about this and also the utter lack of any regret or concern from O2. Customer service is simply a lie these days and offering ways to speak to people is pointless if you don't have a solution. I'm disgusted by this nonchalant attitude and angry about the powerlessness one feels in such circumstances. Don't promise a service you cannot deliver and more over, if you can't deliver your service, communicate the fact!

Shoddy in the extreme; not something I've experience before from O2, but it has marred my opinion of them.

I'm now completely at their mercy in terms of a delivery day / time for my phone and I've had to wait in today and I presume I'll have to do the same tomorrow and maybe beyond. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You will get a dispatch email when it leaves o2 which will give you tracking details.
Don't bother waiting in until you get that email.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Unfortunately, you're not the first to post about this problem, and sadly you won't be the last. We are all customers here, and we sympathise with your problem. If you paid for next day delivery and it hasn't arrived, you need to speak to Customer Service to request a refund. Sorry to say that's all you can do for now, but as @MI5 has said, don't waste your time waiting in until you get the dispatch email.

Edit: There's every chance that your phone isn't even in stock. O2's stock reporting isn't live, and is pitifully inaccurate. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Edit: There's every chance that your phone isn't even in stock. O2's stock reporting isn't live, and is pitifully inaccurate. 

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, esp this side of Christmas.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, esp this side of Christmas.....

Nope. Nor me. Not a great time to try to order a phone. Especially online, and from O2.Crazy

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

This from @Anonymous opening post ..

I spoke to someone at O2 who simply informed me that it hasn't been despatched due to a delay, but he couldn't tell me when it would be despatched or therefore, when it will be delivered. 

Absolutely infuriating. Tell the truth O2... ie 'There is a delay due to no stock'!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Betting it’s the same old no stock issue but we’re not going to admit if it’s ever going to be back in stock 

Message 7 of 10

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Here we are past the middle of the second decade of the 21st century, and O2 doesn't have a live stock take, which leaves its online ordering customers out in the cold, paying for deliveries that O2 knows they'll never get on time. How backwards is that?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Takes the mickey doesn’t it. Create a demand but don’t supply the goods

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's been going on for 10 years since o2 had exclusivity for the iPhone during the first few years. I still remember the multitude of threads started by angry customers waiting weeks. It will never change due to demand outstripping supply, totally down to Apple but O2 must take a big share of the blame by having no live system, wanting to grab money not knowing when they could or care about delivering iPhones their rightly annoyed impatient customers. 

It's not changed in 10 years and I doubt it ever will......

Message 10 of 10