cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am thinking of leaving O2. Anyone has a contact number that I can call on to get the PAC code. I have been using 202 from my mobile but the suystem has made me wait for almost 40 minutes now. Very Frustrated and want to leave O2 at any cost (even more so now).

Please help.

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try calling at a different time of day if you can. At this time of day two things happen that makes it difficult to get through.

1) People on their lunch breaks calling in
2) Staff on their breaks = less people answering the phone.

Also remember they will be busy at the moment fielding calls from people about thier phone/bb moving to sky.
Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

202 is the main number for contract customers, other details are in "Contact us" at the foot of the page.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try calling at a different time of day if you can. At this time of day two things happen that makes it difficult to get through.

1) People on their lunch breaks calling in
2) Staff on their breaks = less people answering the phone.

Also remember they will be busy at the moment fielding calls from people about thier phone/bb moving to sky.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have to give you the code...they can't get out of that, though good luck getting hold of them!! I too will be out as soon as my contract expires. I've never known such an awful company to deal with. Individually the people you speak to are pleasant enough..but unless they have the answer to your questions somewhere in their script. their policy is to ignore you in the hope that you'll go away. I certainly will be doing once my contract expires.

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

lancelightning - has something specifically happened where you've had trouble? Perhaps we can help. The idea of 'somewhere in the script' is something we make an effort to avoid.

You are right about the queue to get through to the recontracting team however, it can be quite busy at times. You'd be easier going through to customer services and asking to be transferred through wink

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

lancelightning - has something specifically happened where you've had trouble? Perhaps we can help. The idea of 'somewhere in the script' is something we make an effort to avoid.

You are right about the queue to get through to the recontracting team however, it can be quite busy at times. You'd be easier going through to customer services and asking to be transferred through wink

Except the times where customer services are specifically told not to transfer because of the call queues.  The rationale for that is that its not fair to queue jump by diverting through.

I'm sure you're only trying to help, but it's not a great idea to encourage customers to do that slight_smile

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, I know tongue Ends up causing more trouble!

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They have to give you the code...they can't get out of that, though good luck getting hold of them!! I too will be out as soon as my contract expires. I've never known such an awful company to deal with. Individually the people you speak to are pleasant enough..but unless they have the answer to your questions somewhere in their script. their policy is to ignore you in the hope that you'll go away. I certainly will be doing once my contract expires.

I am sure o2 will be glad to see yoy going to another phone provider. 

Think about that for a moment.

Message 8 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah..I'm not happy because I've had on-going problems with connectvity. I've had three online chat sessions about it, two phone calls..done everything I was asked to...different phone (my own), new sim card..clean the simcard...reboot the phone.. etc. etc. At the end of all this nothing got sorted at all. Now we have Tu go and I'm having problems with that too. Same scenaro..I spent over an hour on the phone yesterday. The guy was pleasant enough, but quite clearly had no idea what was causing my problems and knew less about wifi routers than me!! He went through a list of questions...the upshot of it is that he thinks it could be a problem with my wifi (but I have an excellent internet service...I use Skype regularly with no problems)...or my iphone might be faulty...yet I'm talking to him on it and regularly use it on the net.  I have a thread still open on the Tu go section, but no answers there either. All I want is to have a reliable service - it's what I'm paying for...is that too much to ask?

Message 10 of 18