cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joggler Support

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having purchased my Joggler yesterday and hitting the messages app not working problem that it seems loads of new owners are seeing I decided to email support for help. The reply was less than helpful suggesting I go to the shop sales page to go through some emulators showing me how to use the Joggler. The fact that there are no emulators that I can find on that page didn't help, but a bigger issue would be I know how to use the Joggler, if only the app would even load (and the servers would send me the text message turning messages on).
It also advised calling 202 for support which was an interesting experience, especially when they informed me that the have no knowledge of the Joggler. Their only advice was to setup the calendar (it is and confirmed to be working fine already) otherwise to go back to my local O2 store for help.

What is really surprising (from info I have read elsewhere) is that O2 heavily discount the Joggler over Easter and then fail to put on the support staff to support the new customers who may have issues (the Joggler support team apparently all have Easter off). It should of been obvious that there would be a large number of issues from customers when you have 50% off sales on items.

Guess I will have to wait until I can get into my local O2 store again, although I am tempted to return the Joggler at this point as not as described as Messages is one of the selling points and this fails to work.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
This is the emulator page:

http://www.selflearning.co.uk/o2/family ... =undefined

I am surprised there isn't even a dedicated forum yet so the posts are all over the place.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I guessed that was what they meant - was just I couldn't find a link to it from the shop page they linked to.

Given how many they must be selling this weekend it would make sense to have a separate forum so as you say, the posts are all in the same place.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Emailing O2 support is useless as the reply comes from a non-UK call centre and will only include stock phrases, some of which are total nonsense... I have phoned support on the 202 number twice and each time spoke to UK support who immediately knew about Joggler and were able to offer me information or escalate the problem for second line support to call me back. Not sure why some people who call in get a UK operator who knows nothing about the Joggler, not my experience...
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
My guess is the time of call. If you call when the Joggler team are available then the call can be escalated quickly. At other times (like now as I understand the Joggler team are not in this weekend) then they will try to assist you but not necessarily successfully.

It is also possible that different call centres have different skill sets and you were just lucky to get through to one who have Joggler skills.
Message 5 of 13

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
O2 do not have support centres outside the UK.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Connected World's email support has been outsourced out the country for a few months now.
Message 7 of 13

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
That's an advertising campaign isn't it?

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Connected World's email support has been outsourced out the country for a few months now.

Connected world email support is a mix of UK and India.

Consumer pay monthly support is all India.

Connected world is the name for the department which covers most of o2's second line technical support teams (mobile broadband, blackberry, joggler) and provides customer services for home broadband.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to update. Went to work this morning with messages still not functioning but when I got home tonight I noticed a message waiting for me on the screen informing me that the messages service had been activated along with the number to use. This was the only remaining issue for me before I could say my Joggler is performing as advertised so thank you O2. Shame it took 3 days to happen and my original issue with a product promo when no one is in to properly support it stands, but credit where it is due in getting things sorted eventually.
Message 10 of 13