cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's just me, but there seems to be almost a mountain of posts/threads about bad customer service from O2?  ...I'd like to break the mould and post some recent GOOD customer service I've received.

It's not a short post - so pop the kettle on and bear in mind that I do not (nor ever have) worked for O2 or anyone linked with them. Popcorn

Following the recent iOS 7.1 update, my iPhone 5 decided to do the opposite of what the fixes were for in relation to the random rebooting.  (i.e. not had an issue in 18 months until installing the new update, then rebooting once every few minutes - even during texting and phone calls).  Frustrating enough for anyone, but even more so for me as my wife and I use our phones to text as our main point of communication most days due to her disabilities and cognitive issues, (she has Severe ME among other things) - so it's even more important that I have a fully functioning phone 24/7  365.

I'd already done the usual troubleshooting measures before ringing Customer Service (so the hard reset, a restore through iTunes to reset to a new phone, and a recovery restore for a total wipe, and yet still having the same random reboot issues - even with only the stock software on my recently restored handset.  ...Anyway, explained my issues and I was initially greeted with "Apple only have a 1yr warranty" (I took our contracts out in Sept 2012), "will need to be sent away for a chargeable repair, or you'll need to take it to an Apple store" - until I explained that I couldn't get to our local (30 miles away) Apple store due to no transport nor could I leave my wife as I am her primary carer. And I wasn't prepared to pay for a "repair" that was out of my control due to software.

To cut a long story short, after I explained the Sale of Good Act (1979) and the EC Directive 199, Customer Service agreed to send me a free refurb iPhone 5 (to the same spec as mine) - on a exchange on delivery basis - by courier, and credit my account with £20 to cover a cheap handset and a £10 top-up new SIM so I can stay in communication with my wife. This resolution does not interfere with our upgrades in August (even though we will be moving to Android handsets then  :smileyhappy:).

Even though the team processing the replacement order made a mistake which I was unaware of until after 5pm yesterday which meant it couldn't be sorted for delivery today (they arranged to send the refurb to my old address rather than my new one - which means the new handset I won't get until tomorrow) - they were completely up front and apologetic for the mistake and for the initial advisors being unable to offer final resolution (being an ex-Customer Service Manager I can appreciate that advisors can not always resolve queries in the first instance as the "slack" they are given is not always sufficent).

It's the same with any company who provide any sort of product or service to anyone. There are always teams or individuals who can (and will) help - it's just locating them and speaking to every member of staff along the way in a way you'd like to be spoken to yourself.  Let's face it, it's not their direct fault you may be having issues...

So to balance out the negative threads and posts, here's a positive one to balance out the karma.  Handshake

Let's hope it all goes without a glitch tomorrow, as I recovery restore my existing handset ready for the exchange.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabulous news that your replacement has turned up at long last
Message 31 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've always used OTA to update since iPhone 4, when I started experiencing issues this week on the iPhone 5, I tried doing the restore (and recovery restore) from iTunes also but with no luck.

After doing some research (good 'ol Google!) using the diagnostic data it appeared likely that the processor had developed a fault. (Not that I'm a diagnostic expert by any stretch, but that's the impression I gained).
Message 32 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I opt to update via iTunes as I find his way more stable and because I jail-break updating ota can affect it.
Message 33 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice BoB, I'll bear that in mind for future updates before I upgrade 🙂
Message 34 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome.

Have a nice evening.

wink
Message 35 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try to remember that advice too wink
Message 36 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.
Message 37 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning! slight_smile

UPDATE ON MY COMPLAINT

Well, I've had feedback from the higher complaints team, and they are not really prepared to do much to restore my faith in O2. They've offered that the F&F 30% discount is applied to my 2nd account (this should had been done back in Sept 2012 when I took my 2nd contract out). But that's it. 

I suggested that they waive the fast-track upgrade fees for both handsets to show that O2 are prepared to go the extra mile to keep the custom on our 4 handsets (2 Pay Monthly (& 2 PAYG for the kids)). However, they are not prepared to do anything, and think they've already gone above and beyond what they should have done.  They mentioned that I can seek outside advice and go through Despute Resolution (I'm also tempted to seek advice about my wife's disability rights due to her condition and inability to communicate efficently) - but why should I do all that legwork? I've got much better things to be doing like giving my wife the 24/7 care she needs, and I've already wasted approx 6 hours on the phone to O2 getting this far! 

O2 mentioned in their response that they admit the customer service "was not what they would expect" and "they will feedback to ensure it doesn't happen again". 

So it looks like I'll be actively looking for another network provider who can provide me with the service we deserve and expect.  My contracts are not up for renewal until August, so I'll still be around until then at least.

Message 38 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again slight_smile

My complaint has been dealt with and resolved to my satisfaction - so I'm staying with O2 Bouncy

So much so, I'll be renewing my contracts in August when my upgrade is due.  I ended up dealing with the director's office, so am unable to discuss the resolution in detail.

I do come and visit and read posts when I can, but hopefully I'll have some time to be more of a contributing member to the forum in between caring for my wife. 

I'd like to help others the way you all do, and hopefully people won't just join to have a moan and disappear into oblivion again lol.

Message 39 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94140 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions