Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go on then, get ya bandwidth out...

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

As said basically, give a show of what speeds you getting out of mobile data. Include:

Screenshot or pic.

And where.

I'll start.

Coventry centre yesterday 

Screenshot_2014-06-06-12-11-59.png

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Ok...I'll go second....oh sorry @viridis I can't....:smileysad:

Poor technophobe me, doesn't know what  bandwith is....or how I get into Ookla...or how to take a screenshot?

So sadly.... that is the end of that (for me) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @viridis 

Here is mine. I dont run these often as they eat approx 40mb to 50mb each time.

true.png

Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Cov wins slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff 

Link to speedtest.  http://www.speedtest.net/

Download it onto your phone via the app from google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zwanoo.android.speedtest or use the Link

Turn off wifi before running the test and close all your apps down.

Once you've run the test and got the results then screen catch the result on yiur phone screen. http://www.androidcentral.com/how-take-screen-shot-samsung-galaxy-s-iii

And when posting use the icon in the rich editor on the 02 forum which looks like a little a Tree in a box, and pick your results picture.

Done   Bouncy

Message 5 of 20

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@MI5 only had 3 bars too wink
Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Thanks for that BoB. I see I am mixing up my bandwidths with my broadband... Smiley Frustrated

(in that I can do it easily on my PC but never thought of doing it on my phone?)

Just a query (for me of course).......is there a need for me (or anyone) to do this test?

If  mobile data is running slow...what the heck can be done about it?

(no negativity in this query...I genuinely would like to know) slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
It's main use is bragging rights slight_smile but can also be used to moan at your network if you're getting slow or poor performance.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 20

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Generally I use it on wifi if I'm getting slow speeds, if I get really high pings I'll reset router and if still bad, get onto Branson and Co media.
As for using it on mobile data, I normally just use it to amaze myself on how far radio wave tech has come.
Message 9 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's main use is bragging rights slight_smile but can also be used to moan at your network if you're getting slow or poor performance.....

Well, as I use my computer for most things...and not out and about like you working lads ...I won't be getting

into any bragging rights LOL

Thanks all for clarifying wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 20