Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum problems

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Well I used the search function, but could not find the old forum problems topic, so if the Mod team can find it, feel free to merge...

I have been struck by the unread post issue this morning.

Due to a lack of sleep I have read the same thread 3 times this morning before my not awake brain realised.

Can we please have an update as to when this is going to be resolved?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Mentioned at length of this thread (and others no doubt) https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/New-Community-Home-Page-amp-Other-Improvements/td-p/10987...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj

I have to say it's affected me on numerous occasions over this past 2 weeks. It's so annoying and time consuming. Happens every time a thread is moved.

More importantly, it occurs on random occasions for absolutely no reason whatsoever!!

In the end the only way I can get rid of unread posts which I have read (numerous times)...is to 'mark all as read'...when I probably haven't read half of them!!

@Marjo@Martin-O2@EmilieT?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's always when a mod or admin has moved or edited something on the thread. But we've given all the help we can numerous times in the past. It's down to Lithium to find the issue and fix it which they seem incapable of doing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thanks for the reminder where it was @MI5.
Was there ever 1 list of the issues and what is going on with them (no doubt most would just say Lithium investigating...)?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There was a forum issues thread which I think Leonard started years ago, but as very few issues ever got resolved, we stopped reporting all but the most irritating ones.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm having the same issue this morning but nothing new there....

I read the same posts over and again on a daily basis. If anything, this issue has got worse. I doubt it's even been looked at. A thread this morning has not been moved or moderated yet I've read it three times now.

Message 7 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I hope @gmarkj doesn't mind me inserting myself into his thread about unread posts but like him I can't find the old forum problems thread either.

Anyway, apart from the unread posts issue that continues to irritate us all, I've just had a strange one, which I'm hoping is a one-off glich. I just received 2 emails about posts I made!? Why would I want to see my own posts? I mean I know I'm old but my memory hasn't gone yet LOL

I'll tag Martin if it happens again which, hopefully, it won't 🤞

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Glory1

The most recent thread is here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/New-Community-Home-Page-amp-Other-Improvements/td-p/10987...

The other one was started by me in 2015.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/More-Forum-Issues/td-p/926207/highlight/true

It ran for 182 pages from 2015 until 2017 and I have just noticed it is now locked. Not sure when that happened?

@Marjowas the last person to post on it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff, I'll know where to look in future, though I hope nothing else weird happens. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 16