cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD DEPARTMENT - Please help me!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im in a major panic and do not seem to have made any progress with the fact that somebody fraudulantly used one of my bank accounts (up until this, the account had been opened but unused, not even taken the card off the original letter it came with) to obtain what I believe to be 2xcontract mobiles from o2! I was first made aware of what had gone on when, my bank notified me that I had accrued bank charges on the account for 2 x unpaid Direct Debits! This whole nightmare started on 8th April 2015 and is continuing to cause me great upset to be honest!

I followed procedure and immediatly contacted my bank, in turn they stopped any further transactions relating to o2. I then called o2 Customer Services (it was a Saturday) who informed me after taking my details that someone from the Fraud Department would contact me within the next 5-7 days once my case had been raised and allocated to an investigator! The following week I recieved a very brief call, didnt even get a name! To my surprise, they requested that I contact my bank again and ask them to confirm to o2 that I had reported this activity on my bank........The banks reply was,"O2 will have already recieved this confirmation as an automatic report will have been issued to the merchant when the complaint was first raised"

Since this.......All I have heard from o2 is letters of the usual threatening content which was also getting highly frustrating! I contacted o2 yet again.....I was reassured that the Investigation Team would indeed be gathering what information they needed and not to worry about these letters as they are dispatched automatically. Today........I get a letter from a debt recovery agent demanding over £800!!! Ive spent the last 4 years paying my debts off with the aim of getting a mortgage in the next few years and feel so let down and disheartened by this incident. I have enough crap going on in my life and dont need someone elses **bleep** to deal with!!! I am actually an EE customer and have been for around 6-7 years...... I think I will remain lotyal to them as the customer service team are so helpful and contact me when they say they will!!

Honestly......I just dont know what to do about the whole thing........Im sat here devastated and feel like my bloody world is crashing down because of some scheming thief and a Mobile Phone company that just allows it to continue with no consideration how this may affect the victim! so Angry!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @Anonymous

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Manager. Sorry to hear that this has happened.

Feel free to send me a private message relating to your last conversation with customer service and I'll see if I can find out any more info for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 14

Sajid1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I m using o2 sim contract for last 8 months now I upgrade my sim with device I m getting handset on 21 of July o2 message me that it will come on 28 of July so I went to o2 shop they told me we cant do anything so I call to customer care from there they told me to pay ur bill but my due date was 3 of August but any how I pay my bill on 21 July they started my phone then again in 10 minutes they had disconnected my line again now they r telling my case is in fraud department plz look in the matter and do the needful
Message 12 of 14

Sajid1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Respected sir .I m using o2 sim for last 8 months now I had upgraded and o2 is sending me device on my old number they told on 21 of July I will get my device then they message me telling that they will send it on 28 of July bcoz I had request them to send on 28 but I had not told them any how i went to o2 shop to discuss the matter when i reached there they suddenly disconnected my line when i call them they r telling to pay ur bill but my due date was 3 Aug any how i had pay my bill they had started my line then again in 10 min they had disconnected it and telling me ur case is with fraud department i don't know wht is going on if u don't want to give me handset or sim plz cancelled my contract so I will take other sim from any other company plz look in the matter and do the needful thanking u

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Sajid1 

This is not O2.

Numbers to call them on here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14