cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have any major issues that o2 need to sort out poost them here.

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Reading this community there are many issues o2 need to address, post them here with links to the original thread and lets hope that after flagging this thread to the community manager Leonard action will be taken.

Open Note To Leonard/Abs.

There have been many threads with issues that needed direct o2 support / Customerservice answers or urgent procedural action. These threads get a response that either you Leonard or abs has taken the issue higher but we see no action.

The regular users (deminshing can only offer help when it is not an o2 issue) need this level of support.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, perksie. Since Toby and I are around quite a bit, we should be able to cover that between the two of us, for now.

Helping with account specific problems is something that usually needs to go through customer support, as they can do all the fault diagnostics and look into the specifics of an account.

With broadband and mobile phone problems, I feel the main thing to improve is to identify wider spread problems faster and to get communication going at an earlier stage.

What's your view on that?

Leonard, I like your presence on the board, I like that you join us in our silly posts and have a joke along, which I do think was missing on the old forum, I think it would be good if there was at least one or two people who were on hand to give customers a call if they have a serious issue. Not in any way to replace customer service of course, many of the threads on here can be handled by the forum regulars, but if the issue is serious such as someone having hundreds of pounds taken from their account or there has been a massive issue that isn't the customers fault then it would be good to have a member who can call the customer and take ownership of the issue.

Again, not someone who will call every customer who posts, but on those occasions there is a big issue that is causing hardship or un-nessesary stress to someone then I think having that someone there would be a great asset.

Also, as others have said, my gripe still is the merging of p&G and contract all in one lump. The boards aren't as busy as they were on the old format, and I think a lot of this is down to the formatting. I'd also move the "get help with products and services" above "Get help with your mobile device". Most people that visit are here because they have an issue with O2, not their handset.

I worry as someone said before, the forum is moving backwards. We're all passionate about this forum, we've all invested a lot of time in it, some of us have been here for years, and at the moment it doesn't seem to be being productive; I don't feel like I'm able to help anyone, and I don't feel like we're being heard. When I was told me and others were going to be Superusers and able to help guide the forum when it was new I did feel very honoured, and it started off really good, but then all these changes happened...

I'm sorry if that sounds like moaning or whinging, but like I say, we're passionate about this forum, we've formed good bonds and friendships and care about it's future. O2 have proved it's social media team are excellent, but it has yet to extend to the forum, a place where customers can truely be heard.

Message 21 of 89

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Good post Wanty you have summed it up very well. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done about 50 edits to that thing, it kept getting longer and longer lol.
Message 23 of 89

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

And it's in paragraphs! Smiley LOLheart

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 24 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was going to pull out the big guns and go for the pink font, but I'll hold back on that one for now haha.
Message 25 of 89

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well you've got to have something in reserve.....!Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wanted to say thanks, wanty. Really constructive feedback, I really appreciate that.

I've read the posts a couple of times (due to your edits :D) and I agree with a lot of it. If you don't mind, I'll come back to it tomorrow. Need some sleep for now slight_smile

Thanks again,
Leonard
Message 27 of 89

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

If you really want feedback, your amp has to go to 11.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 28 of 89

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Great post wanty and some excellent points in there. Please give this post all the attention it deserves please Leonard, she speaks for a lot of us older members.

Message 29 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wanty,

Thanks again for your feedback. Although I’m sorry to hear that you feel the forum is going backward, I’m really happy that you took the time to write down your thoughts and suggestions, especially because we all want the same; a vibrant and exciting community. Your ideas here will definitely help with that.

I’ll try to break it down as best as I can, so do let me know if I’ve missed anything, please. It would also be great to hear your thoughts on the below…

1. Forum structure

I’m happy you bought up the forum structure. You’re right, Pay and Go and Pay Monthly queries can be quite different. At the time, the main reason for merging it was the lack of traffic in P&G and as a result, the difficulty people have with posting in a quiet forum and the amount of time it would take for members to then get an answer.

From my point of view, there are two reasons why P&G is reasonably quiet:
a) Generally, there are fewer things that could go wrong as a P&G customer
b) They don’t have a MyO2 account yet, so being able to post for the first time requires you to go through a long account creation process.

There are two problems with a slow board:

Firstly, new members will be hesitant to post their question because they’re afraid to post something silly. Although there’s no reason for that, newbies do usually dread that. On active boards, such a post would disappear in rather quickly and therefore the ‘fear’ is usually a bit less.

Secondly, a slow board also results in very slow responses because not many people browse an inactive board. A good example is the welcome & news section where that’s currently the case.

All-in-all, I do agree that we should split the boards though, but I don’t think we should do that until there’s a good amount of Pay and Go traffic. Otherwise, it would impact the members that do go through the registration process too much.

What are your thoughts on that?

2. How to deal with major incidents?

Although you mentioned “issues that can’t be dealt with in the community”, I’ve tried to summarise this as major incidents. Some questions need to be deflected to customer support (eg billing queries, complaints, etc). However, you’re right to bring up the more serious problems and I agree we should deal with those better. I’ve tried to make a first step with home broadband yesterday, but I still spotted it too late. Nevertheless, your suggestion is really good and I’m almost certain Toby and I are able to do something similar to your suggestion for specific situations.

The main challenge I see there is that it’s sometimes hard to identify if something is a problem on O2s side. For example, with an outage, you can see it from the amount of posts, but for more bill specific questions (like your example), it’s sometimes harder to identify the real problem. To make it scalable, there needs to be a buffer or verification before we can take action. Otherwise it would result in many disappointed customers, because we wouldn’t be able to deal with the volume.

How would you suggest doing that? I would love to your thoughts on that. Perhaps going through some specific (fictional) examples would be good.

Please let me know what you think and let me know if I missed anything. Would love to keep discussing this.

Thanks,
Leonard

Message 30 of 89