cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed wth O2's service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a loyal customer with O2 for well over a decade now but I have to say the past two months I've actually considered leaving O2. My contract ran out and I renewed it when  upgraded to the Iphone 5. Since then O2 have cut off my services when my bill is due which causes huge inconvienence when Im expected to make a call and my services have been cancelled untl I pay my bill.

I set up a DD to pay my bill and O2 only deducted 0.03p from my account and then cut me off until I called up and paid the remaining £15 on my card. I asked the person on the phone why it haddnt been taken out and he couldnt tell me. I asked if he would set it up again so that I would not have my services interupted the next time by bill was due and he said yes you wont have this problem again.

The same thing happened a month later, my bill was not paid even though the money was in the bank and the man said he would set up my DD again. I tried to call numerous times to pay my bill but kept being put into a queue for approx 15 mins and then was cut off. I rang again and the same thing happened again. I've not been able to speak to a real person but managed to pay my bill online on this occassion, although this doesnt fix the fact my bill probably still wont be paid next month and I will be going through this all again.

I have tried all the online "help" services but have not found any help available. I find this very dissapointing as I've been a loyal customer for many years Sad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I would escalate this issue via http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

This way someone senior should look at its and resolve it.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be promptly leaving O2, I have been with them over 10 years. I've been putting up with poor internet and phone reception for over 6 Months, coverage has got worse.  I used to think they were one of the best providers but now I'd say they are THE worst.  Customer serives is shocking, this has been outsourced so people are not easily able to help and often have a 'couldn't care less attitude', you spend 30+ minutes on calls to customer services, half of the time spent on hold and then not getting a resolution.  Breaching data protection (which since happening to me I have read online they have done alot) was the last straw.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences. The official complaint link is in this thread if you wish to escalate the issue over Data Protection.

Before you choose a new network I would urge you to obtain some free SIM cards for the alternative networks your looking at to ensure they give you good signal etc.

Also as a customer of O2 your entitled to have your phone unlocked so it works on other networks.

Free to contract customers and £15 to Payg (t&c apply)

Unlock form ; https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Take care.
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93979 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Your comments elsewhere about your address and password being changed is very worrying but we hear of this happening all too often for comfort. Just how this can be allowed to happen without leaving a footprint in your account beggars belief especially in these security conscious days.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/The-Official-Live-Chat-Feedback-thread/m-p/676299#...

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous , Thanks for your advice.  My OH is with Vodafone and I have an EE works phone so I should be ok reception wise.  It is just really disappointing that this has been allowed to happen and the lack of response from O2.

@jonsieyes it is concerning, especially when it is suspected that its been done by someone within the company that you have trusted with your details.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome @Anonymous

I hope all goes ok for you.

slight_smile
Message 7 of 7