cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled? Don't use O2!

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 customer services is appalling and insulting!

On being told my account was overdue, I called to pay the bill in full over the phone but just wanted to check why it hadn't been collected by direct debit as usual. An 'adviser' asked me security questions of how many emails or minutes did I have each month and how much was the tariff. I was unable to answer these questions as I have paid the bill by dirct debit every month for 18 months. I offered my date of birth, bank account dtails & mother's maiden name but these were refused because I had "failed the DPS(???)" and was told he could do nothing more for me.

I explained that I was disabled with multiple sclerosis, confined to the house and with no other means of making contact with anyone. He replied that "lots of people were ill" and that I "should have paid the bill then" and there was nothing else he could do. I tried to stay calm but at this point asked to speak to his manager to be told repeatedly that he was managing my account today and when I persisted, was informed that no-one senior was available because they were all in a meeting!! I have never had such appaling customer service or been in such a desperate situation. I put the phone down and cried.

Fortunately, the postman knocked shortly afterwards & notified my neighbour who has now called the GP for me.

I will certainly be cancelling my contract as soon as I possibly can and I urge anyone who has health issues that might make their phone a lifeline to do the same. All I wanted to do was to make sure the direct debit had not gone through and pay the bill!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having been one for a while I was appalled at most managers knowledge. They are mostly not as clued up as the advisor and have no more power to pass you through security.

Very true. I´ve found that many of my managers have been employed to manage the advisors i.e. keeping track of sickness etc etc and although they've had system training it's never put to use so can't really do anything other than quote what the standard process is. If I need assistance I generally try and talk to a manager that was an advisor then promoted up.
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can tell you why the bank security checks you for a cheque book. Because they don't know whether you are you, or whether you are someone who is able to intercept your post.
You wouldn't be expecting one, so wouldn't notice one had gone missing for some time. (perhaps not until you checked your statement).
Message 12 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I am well aware of all that, and when they phoned me back on my landline number which has been registered with them for over 20 years, I rather think they knew it was me. slight_smile

That wasn't my point though was it?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is tough but at the end of the day, I don't think anyone would risk their job to bypass any procedures in place, it just isn't worth it.

I work in IT Support but with alot of bespoke stuff and some things I am not allowed to do due to security reasons unless certain procedures are followed and although I want to make the end user happy I wouldn't risk getting in trouble for them. Procedures are there for a reason and the human element (security reason wise) is best kept to an aside for that 1 occasion it could be manipulated.

Saying that it doesn't mean somebody should be rude, although I would be annoyed if somebody threw the disabled card at me when I haven't done anything to warrant it.
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Saying that it doesn't mean somebody should be rude, although I would be annoyed if somebody threw the disabled card at me when I haven't done anything to warrant it.

The post of this thread for CS advisors, we all try to help but we are human!

As a bit of light relief. I had a woman in labour once and she wan't complaining just wanted to call to register as she would have been fined if she hadn't within 3 months. She was doing the breathing and timing the contractions during the call, and the ambulance was on its way, this is a woman I want to see on Dragons Den! Mind you I did tell her I wouldn't talk her through it if she popped as already done it once and think she wet herself at that. (Sorry mods)
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the information!!!
Message 16 of 16