cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Customer service' in store

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called into an o2 store today to get some help with an issue I've been having with my iphone. On walking into the store I saw 3 staff members slouching against the phones on display, they were quick to ask if they could help but sadly that's where the compliments end.

I explained the problem as the staff member was already working on my phone (doing what I'm not sure as I hadn't explained the problem fully) When I finished he said 'I'll reset something, if that doesn't work then I can't help' It didn't work, he handed back the phone and gave a quick 'sorry' before disappearing back into conversation with another staff member. 

When home, I contacted your online help and was sent some settings to try. I'm not technically minded but I easily changed what needed changed and amazingly my phone now works! 

Really really disappointed with the lack of customer service shown to me instore

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've experienced the same. Once before I became an o2 customer I went into store as I wanted to buy a broadband offer I saw online, but had problems with ordering on the website and I wanted some help. What I experienced was the worst costumer service I've ever experienced from a phone company.

The deal was something like free landline charges for the first 6 months, pay only for the broadband itself, or whatever it was (this was a while back) so I went into the store to explain the offer I'd seen and that I wanted that offer. With the most condescending way possible the two guys in the store explained to me, like they would to a 5 year old, that its impossible to get a broadband connection without a landline "cause thats how the internet works". As if I dont know that. Dont know how many times I tried explaining that this was actually what was being offered. I walked out of there incredibly annoyed and got a broadband connection from BT. 

They really need to train their store staff better.

Message 11 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Sorry to hear that some of you had issues at the stores you visited. I am happy to pass on your thoughts, so please send me a private message if you'd like
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123617 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Hi guys,

Sorry to hear that some of you had issues at the stores you visited. I am happy to pass on your thoughts, so please send me a private message if you'd like

As I haven't been in my store for the last 6/12 @Toby I won't be sending a PM. The staff seem to change with alarming frequency, so they may be a better bunch now.

I ask any technical questions on the forums...so am perfectly happy with the advice and support I get.

It is a sad state of affairs that we can communicate well in a 'virtual world'...but some people don't appear to

have those skills transferred into the real world slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 13