Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad weather

JD1308
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yet again a little bit of bad weather and everything is slow!! Phone mast not working correctly so have limited access to the Internet! Takes ages for anything to load! It's not just a one off if 9 times out of 10 as soon as we get a hit of bad weather!!! Will O2 compensate for this at all???

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will definitely be a no this time then

Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Maybe they did so hoping for more?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

JD1308
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No not asking for more at all!! This is meant to be a community where you can ask a question and people will help not make assumptions! This is just rude! I didn't ask the question last time to o2 as it resolved itself but since then the phone mast near me is constantly down and I am having constant issues!

if people are only to to judge and say you've asked this before then don't comment! Is it such a big deal I added before as you can clearly see I'm new to this and haven't posted much so instead of trying to belittle ppl shouldn't you be trying to help if not then you shouldn't be on here because that isn't fair!

Message 13 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@JD1308 Nobody is puttin you down but just trying to help you as other customers 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I certainly wasn't deliberately being rude to you, but neither can you expect compensation every time your signal wobbles.
I'm sorry you are having problems but radio waves are affected by weather variations and this is a limitation of mobile phone technology that must be accepted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 19

JD1308
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have not asked for compensation everytime the weather is bad, I'm stating that there is a constant issue with the phone mast where I live yes I understand the weather will affect this but when it becomes a constant issue there is surely more to it then just the weather.

helping I appreciate but making assumptions and assuming "I must want more" that is rude it makes ppl not want to post if ppl who say "are just trying to help"  make these assumptions, not everyone is that clued up issues like this hense why I asked to see if anyone else has had similar issues!  I've been with o2 for 10 years and had varies issues and never once asked for compensation but when it's at least adds up to a week per month I'm having issues anyone would feel the same 

Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
OK, so start reporting the issues to CS and catalogue all the instances. If others are having issues, get them to call too.
The more people that complain means they are more likely to investigate the mast to see if there is an issue or if it is just purely physics.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@JD1308 wrote:

I have not asked for compensation everytime the weather is bad, I'm stating that there is a constant issue with the phone mast where I live yes I understand the weather will affect this but when it becomes a constant issue there is surely more to it then just the weather.

In your first post, you said:

1. It was down to the weather.

2. Will o2 compensate for this.

The assumption is based on YOUR post and the information people have at hand, in this case.. Your signal is crap and failing due to the weather, you want compensating.

I don't see no other assumption to draw from the info at hand.

helping I appreciate but making assumptions and assuming "I must want more" that is rude it makes ppl not want to post if ppl who say "are just trying to help"  make these assumptions,

An assumption is assuming, you can't make assumptions and assume as they are the same.

However, as said, the information given makes the assumption valid especially when previous posts go down the same route also.

not everyone is that clued up issues like this hense why I asked to see if anyone else has had similar issues!

Lots do in weather like this, it's due to the fact certain frequencies don't penetrate water, not an issue with rain as the water drops are small, but snow and sleet spread the drop into a nice blocking sheet of network blocking goodness

I've been with o2 for 10 years and had varies issues and never once asked for compensation but when it's at least adds up to a week per month I'm having issues anyone would feel the same 

Absolutely, what I'd do if faced with crap signal 1 week out of 4, is change networks, not resign to another 2 year contract in order to get an iPhone 7 that I knew deep down would give me the same service levels I find so abhorrent.

Message 18 of 19

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I certainly would not have been with O2 for 10 years (I've actually been with them for 20 years) if I kept having problems. Low cloud, mist, fog or snow will have a profound effect on signal but in all honesty weather has never been any kind of issue for me. No one can put any onus on O2 for weather conditions but if it was a real problem for me over the years I would be off like a shot to another network having tested their payandgo, sims under the same conditions. 

Message 19 of 19