Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance the rest of us can get "tethering"

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the subject really.

or are we not worthy enough? Is our cash is not as good as iPhone owners? grin

Come on T-Mobile been doing it with web'n'walk Plus and Max for a few years now.

Shunts...
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
that would be me!.

I blagged i also own a 3GS on PAYG and needed the Tethering so it was added on for me.

I might get an iPhone but im happy tethering on my N86 anf E75 at the moment grin
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
that would be me!.
I blagged i also own a 3GS on PAYG and needed the Tethering so it was added on for me.
I might get an iPhone but im happy tethering on my N86 anf E75 at the moment grin

You do realise you're paying for something that you're not actually using? You don't need to subscribe to anything to get tethering working on a Nokia (it would be against the T&C's, but then so is using the iPhone tethering bolt-on to use with a non-iPhone).

And they've probably signed you up to an 18 month iPhone tariff to give you the tethering bolt-on.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
that would be me!.

You do realise you're paying for something that you're not actually using? You don't need to subscribe to anything to get tethering working on a Nokia (it would be against the T&C's, but then so is using the iPhone tethering bolt-on to use with a non-iPhone).
And they've probably signed you up to an 18 month iPhone tariff to give you the tethering bolt-on.

I am defiantly on a 30 day i have checked. The fact they put the bolt-on onto my account is not my fault, i asked, they agreed and did it for me so im not breaking any T&C.

I know i COULD use with no tethering but that is breaking the T&C so by having it on there i can use with no issues

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting. But just to be clear - you told them you wanted the tethering bolt-on to use with an iPhone and the T&C's of the that bolt-on say it can only be used with an iPhone. So you are clearly breaking the T&C's by usinig it with a Nokia.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thing is they wont be able to sell what phone i am using it with
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
They can tell which phone you use. The question is - are they bothered?
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thing is they wont be able to sell what phone i am using it with

AFAIK the IMEI of your phone is recorded with each call and text - this identifies that you're not using an iPhone. But as greenblink says, you're paying them money, so do they care?

SV
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont think it transmits the IMEI number on each call or text, because the GSM specification restricts the tranmission of the IMEI number unless it is essential, this is normally when a handset is started, it checks in with the network then the network creates a unique identity for the handset for that "session" that it uses it uses to communicate with the Handset and SIM. The IMEI is a restricted in its transmission becuase its a highly sort after number the less its transmitted the less of a security risk its.

From the IMEI they can tell what handset it is.

Anyhow - the service should be available to all. O2 are missing a trick, although the O2 service is more expensive compared with T-Mobile's.

Shunts...
Message 9 of 9