Did you mean: 

A Sensitive Issue with my OPPO X5

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2536 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The following is quite difficult to say:

Whilst in the town's O2 shop recently ... & ... receiving excellent service, as usual ..... it was found, what I can only say as, beyond 'Page 3' pictures on my phone ... = ... I was visibly and voluably shocked !!! ..... it is half term here and I don't want to go into the O2 shop again in case children are around ... & ... I really, really don't want to see those pictures ever again ..... I have been told in a micro pub I frequent, discreetly, that everyone has those sorts of pictures on their phone ... & ... the whole industry is run by P _ _ N !!!

Really quite upset ... & ... don't know what to do .....

As usual, any help would be gratefully appreciated .....

Sincerely ..... RunrigForever 😞

***DESORMAIS***
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@RunrigForever 

I saw your message earlier but without seeing the phone and where this content is, it is difficult to advise. 

It could have come from an app or a redirect from another website whist on the internet. It's not "normal" by any means. 

If it's just images in your gallery you need to go through and delete them 1 by 1

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

RunrigForever
  • 2536 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 

I will have a go doing as you say ..... with much reluctance I may say .....

The nice chap in the O2 shop said it was something like '3rd party's' somehow gaining access to my phone, with me clicking and buying off Facebook? .....

Have I been singularly somewhat stupid / dim?

Thanks again @MI5 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

Facebook is full of rubbish and scammers. I don't use it much at all these days and certainly don't like and share, do competitions or follow any links etc so could well be the root of your problem.

I don't find it necessary to know what someone else had for breakfast or know the intimate details of their life. What matters to me is my immediate family and I know what they are doing without the need for an intrusive app to tell me.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

RunrigForever
  • 2536 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to finish this thread ..... *touch wood* ..... those unwanted pictures are now gone from my phone ..... I recently visited the Skipton O2 shop, in passing, and asked someone who has helped me before if he could run through my phone for me after explaining the above issue ..... = ..... All Seems Good = What A Relief.

I use Facebook for my own purposes eg Photography groups = to admire landscapes / skyscapes / seascapes etc ... + ... keep in touch with friends from way back when at grammar school = this is a private group + SCD Strictly Come Dancing 2023 on BBC One - various groups on FB - keeping up with my old trad jazz / swing friends and making new ones from the music I love and which is making a resurgence - well, it never really went away + lastly local Skipton groups where I find what's on etc ..... I only do Facebook, no other Social Media ... ... ... = ... ... ... Each to Their Own ..... ..... ..... I am a Very Family Minded Person ... & ... like what @MI5 has said above ... = ... so long as my loved ones are Safe, Well & Happy then that makes me One Happy Person ... XX 👵

***DESORMAIS***
Message 5 of 5