Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insuranve

Lorraine16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been a long term business customer of 02 for over 20 years. I renewed my contract before Christmas and upgraded two I phones to I phone 15!pros.

unfortunately one handset was damaged on the 12th June so I immediately phoned and requested to make an insurance claim. I have spent days and days on the phone to be told that I do not have insurance cover even though it clearly states on my £200 plus invoices that there is a £15 fee per handset for insurance as there has been every year that I have been a customer, I am being told that I have cover for a galaxy phone that I have never had. I phone customer services and they can’t help…I have put 3 emails into the complaints team and only had automated responses……what else can I do?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Have you ever told the insurance that you have a different device @Lorraine16 ?

When you take out the insurance it would be for a specific phone. It would not track that you then get a new one.

You might be covered by a paid for bank account if you have one.

As for complaints, they are taking roughly 8 weeks to process so if your first one has not reached that threshold you will still be waiting. Submitting further complaints (I believe) will reset the clock each time.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Lorraine16
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I specifically stated at the time of upgrade that I required insurance as I do every time I upgrade 

Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

I can only suggest you try again with the insurance part of o2 @Lorraine16 .

Do you have any policy documents showing what is insured?

According to the help pages ( https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-insurance ), you should be able to check your cover in your account:

gmarkj_0-1722603102344.png

It also says that you should be able to make a claim online - https://www.o2.co.uk/insurance-claim 

If you want/need to speak to customer services again, you could try using social media - links are in the guide Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4