cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity theft, o2 aren't recording chats I've had with them now debt collectors!!

Vicky_2023
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a number of accounts set up in my name fraudulently, back in October, as soon as I received letters about them I contacted o2 to explain what had happened as I knew as contracts had been taken out in my name with three also and 2 bank accounts set up (all of which i have easily been able to cancel). I was told the devices blocked and the contracts cancelled and I would be contacted by the fraud team within 5 working days, i wasn't, but as everything cancelled just left it. A month later I received a bill, I called o2 again, they said there was no record of my conversation and that the fraud team would be in touch within 5 working days again, again nothing. I have gone through this routine every months since October, sometimes I call and do online chat, so talk to 2 people to ensure I have a record of my conversation. I am now receiving debt collectors letters, I have rang the debt collectors and they have rang o2 who say they have never spoken to me, but I have proof they have. I do not know what to do now, this is making an already stressful situation worse, I don't understand why nothing is being recorded or being done.

I have previously posted this elsewhere but because business customer can not get support form the o2 community, does anyone have any advice?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147971 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions

@Vicky_2023 

Fraud won't talk to you until the investigation is complete. It's illegal for them to do so.

Your best course of action would be to seek legal advice yourself and let solicitors sort it out. It's beyond wht you can do unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 147971 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions

@Vicky_2023 

Fraud won't talk to you until the investigation is complete. It's illegal for them to do so.

Your best course of action would be to seek legal advice yourself and let solicitors sort it out. It's beyond wht you can do unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93571 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7000 Solutions

All pretty much standard for O2 these days

So many posts very similar in afraid

Message 3 of 3