Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual eSim in Philippines

KCLS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My colleague who is in the Philippines (wanting the esim as a dual sim) would like to know the following before we proceed to getting business contracts for our company but I’m struggling to find the answers and O2 aren’t getting back to me.

“1 - I'm in Manila using a Philippines sim. I want the new O2 eSim to have my current UK number... do I need to put the current UK sim into the Philippine phone when I do this process for eSim?

2 - will it run up any charges whilst the Philippines phone is on by trying to connect to a world tariff?

3 - I want it only to receive texts in the Philippines... and for it to be the main number when in the UK. Will it allow me to swap from one number to the other and back again - change primary number?“

He also found the following in the O2 terms.

"If either your physical sim or esim is terminated or suspended by us for a breach of Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement, the other sim may be terminated or suspended too. This may also result in your device being blacklisted."

He asked if O2 can terminate the Ph sim somehow? I don't think they can - this probably relates only to O2 sims... but want to be sure.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@KCLS 

Since the answer to the first question largely eliminates the possibilty of any other answers being relevant, I'll try to explain.....

1 - It will not be possible to activate an eSim unless you are in the UK.

2 - You will incur charges if the O2 number receives any calls (inc voicemails) or if you make calls or send texts. Texts are free to receive.

3 - Yes, you can switch between primary and secondary at any time (but see (1) above).

4 - Only relates to O2 sims

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@KCLS 

Since the answer to the first question largely eliminates the possibilty of any other answers being relevant, I'll try to explain.....

1 - It will not be possible to activate an eSim unless you are in the UK.

2 - You will incur charges if the O2 number receives any calls (inc voicemails) or if you make calls or send texts. Texts are free to receive.

3 - Yes, you can switch between primary and secondary at any time (but see (1) above).

4 - Only relates to O2 sims

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

KCLS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Most welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4