cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4s poor audio quality

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

im nearly a year into my contract and have recently started noticing the audio sound quality from my phone is very very poor (not phone calls, purely musicplayback). 
i have tried different sets of headphones and different speakers to no avail, i have also tried the same music files on iTunes on a laptop through the same headphones and speakers and the sound quality is much better.

i have the latest version of ios6 and have tried resetting my iphone.

anyone got any ideas?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried factory restore then restory from backup and still the same.

going to apple store to speak to a 'genius' next week.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Is audio from your phones speakers affected as well? Or just when using headphones?

From the sound of it if its mainly to do with dodgy sound quality after using the input jack be it for speakers or headphones has got something in it:(

If you have flashlight have a look inside the jack to see if there is any obvious debris or buildup. You can clean it by blowing in it (try not to spit haha I voided my warranty I made the water check point change colour) you could also use a tiny earbud preferably foam so nothing falls off. Or if your quick and very careful a can of compressed air. Again obviously be careful with the air it can cause condensation inside the port. A very sharp short burst should dislodge almost anything.

You haven't by any chance changed the equaliser?

If your audio doesn't improve let us know and ill find another solution.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the reply. its purely from the jack socket, not the speaker.
sound quality improves veryslightly with bass reducer EQ.

ill give the cleaning out a go
Message 3 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Go very careful please:) let us know how you get on:)

Also you haven't restored recently have you?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
no luck 😞

although its strange as its not all mp3s, a majority are really poor quality but a few are ok. but like i said in itunes theyre fine.

no i havent done any restores for quite a while
Message 5 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm that is wierd. Plug it in back it up then restore from the backup.

Maybe there's a dodgy conflict in there somewhere. I'm going to do some searching and ill let you know if I find another solution
Message 6 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
When you restore the backup select the highest bitrate available for the songs if they can fit on your iPhone.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you still have a problem after the restore from back up I would make an appointment with the genius at your nearest Apple store while the iphone is still under their warranty.

Message 8 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
This^^ I can't find any other solutions:( sorry
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried factory restore then restory from backup and still the same.

going to apple store to speak to a 'genius' next week.

Message 10 of 12