cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4s blocked?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i gave my iphone 4s to my friend because i wanted a HTC

so i took my o2 sim out and he put his o2 pay and go sim in the next day he said it was locked and thinks iv reported it stolen but i 100% havnt so i went and looked at the phone and its on but it says no service i got in contact with o2 and told them my imei and they said it isnt locked but they sent fr it to be unlocked anyway but still the phone says no service its been 4 days and still says no service anyone know whats wrong

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh don't worry - that is something completely different.

Yes, ask your friend to go to swapmysim.o2.co.uk and activate the new sim card.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is his sim card locked or deactivated?

If O2 say the IMEI isn't locked I don't know why they'd send for it to be unlocked anyway, that makes no sense. Tell your friend to call O2 and check the Pay As You Go account for any issues.

Perhaps if he got a new microsim card for the iPhone 4 he hasn't activated it yet?

Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

ye i think its just because he hasnt activated his sim because there is know way that phone can lock without me reporting it stolen or lost?

iv got a print out copy of my conversation with o2 and they said it isnt locked but sent fr it to be unlocked to any network anyway made no sense to me either

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh don't worry - that is something completely different.

Yes, ask your friend to go to swapmysim.o2.co.uk and activate the new sim card.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok cheers will that activate his sim with the iphone?

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will, his number will get moved onto the new sim card. If he has any contacts saved to the old one make sure he backs them up first.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

But he has put his own pay and go o2 microsim in the phone it work then stopped and just says no service the phone did work now it doesnt

Message 8 of 8