cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus screen issue (maybe 6S too)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I received my iPhone 6S Plus space grey today and I may have a issue with my device as I immeddiately noticed that there are some faint black blurry borders around my screen. It starts off at the edges of the screen and becomes fainter towards screen area.

Does anyone who may have a space grey version of the iPhone 6S Plus (may be the iPhone 6S) have this problem as well?

I'd really hate to return it and have to wait weeks for a replacement as no doubt my contract with O2 will continue to run whilst I'm without the phone.

So please, I ask any other iPhone 6S space grey owners to reply and let me know if the blurry black borders around the screen are present on your device too?

Also, maybe owners of the other colours can check their screen as well to see if they the same issue.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So looks like I will end up waiting until next year when the iPhone 7 is released.

There's no guarantee Apple won't have screen issues with the iPhone 7. Screen issuers have been talked about since at least the iPhone 4 from what I can remember (perhaps earlier). I can remember the iPhone 4 having a complaint of yellowing around some of the edges, some people found that it was the bonding used (and this faded or went away altogether) but some people had the issue all the time.

Too be fair, a lot of other phones will have screen issues, but with the iPhone been so popular, its heard about more. I know this doesn't help you but, I would wait a couple of months and perhaps try again. Sooner or later you will get one that is good for you. Normally Apple do have superb panels in their equipment.

I have some calibration images (green, red, blue, yellow, white, grey, black) and I've analysed my screen (more than I would ever do in normal use), and I can't see a single issue with the screen on my 6s Plus. The photo I put on earlier in the thread is not a true likeness to how the screen looks like with my own eyes, its nigh on impossible to get a camera to capture the photograph in a way to how the phone screen looks like with your own eyes, unless the screen has a very prominent issue. Definitely get it replaced as you will notice it all the time, if you spot an issue with the screen is the advice I would give to people having issues.

Message 41 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not sure what you mean about people being more aware because of the phones popularity. Whatever Apple or their published figures say, the 6s plus hasn't sold in the numbers of previous launches. The phone has a screen defect, fact. It matters not how popular they are/aren't, anyone will notice a problem. It's after all, all you do with the phone, look at the screen.

I'm surprised given all the reports of yellowing screens from the 5 onwards. Apple produce quality products, no denying, but the screen should be perfect at £600 and upwards.

Message 42 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant you hear about issues on the iPhone (in news sources) more due to their popularity not that people are more aware.

The 6 Plus and the 6s Plus do not sell in as larger numbers as the 6 or 6s as more people tend to either prefer the smaller screen or the extra cost of the Plus models puts it outside some peoples budget. Also, I would guess S models are less popular than totally new models.

I agree certain iPhones (not just current models, but models going back to the iPhone 4) have a screen defect but got to disagree that all 6s Plus models do. I agree that for the price of the iPhone no one should have an issue with the screen.

My opinion is this. If you can see an issue on the iPhone screen with your own eyes, then yes it has a defect and get it replaced, don't accept it at the price the iPhone has cost you. I for one would get mine replaced if I could see any issue with the screen, and I'm a perfectionist so I would class myself as accepting nothing but.

Message 43 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
There's no guarantee Apple won't have screen issues with the iPhone 7.

What I meant by that is I won't be playing iPhone tennis with the iPhone 6S / 6 Plus as I don't have time to do so to be honest. As I cannot book a genius bar appointment until the 9th / 10th October with the only store I can get to without hassle and going to far out of my way I've returned the phone to O2.

My eyes must pick up more than the average person and I know screens aren't perfect everywhere else, as I've had issues with ASUS PA248Q monitors but after a period of use they seem to get better and I have two of them at £300 a pop. I suppose I always look for defects on anything I buy with a screen ha. But I did notice the iPhone 6S Plus screens issues instantly after turning them on so wasn't looking for defects on first touch / use and as I've said and others have said, once you know it's there you can't un-see it.

My iPhone 6 Plus seems it has the same issues after inspecting it but not as prominent, and I've only had it since March 2015 and it was manufactured a week before I ordered one as I checked the serial number so it's something Apple didn't resolve or care to so it's also unlikely they will for iPhone 6S either.

But as I replied earlier (I think I did) I have found others with the same issues as me, if not worse.

I will have the images done tomorrow if I find a bit of time, to help others out if I read this thread in the future.

Message 44 of 67

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I certainly wouldn't put up with it for the price either.
If they are charging a premium I expect a premium product tbh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I certainly wouldn't put up with it for the price either.
If they are charging a premium I expect a premium product tbh.

I could live with it, if it were only on one side I could probably live with it but on all 4 edges is unacceptable for the price, especially as it seems no matter what colours I've tired it still shows up so doesn't just show up on 'light' backgrounds.

Luckily though I ordered online so have the 14 days cooling off period, I would be stuck with it otherwise or without if it was always going in for a repair ha and a 24 month contract to go with it...

Message 46 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous Have you ever thought of moving from the dark side...and joining the Android Army??

I hear the S6 Edge is a wondrous piece of kit...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 67

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I could live with it, if it were only on one side 

but why should you ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 48 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous Have you ever thought of moving from the dark side...and joining the Android Army??

I hear the S6 Edge is a wondrous piece of kit...LOL

Possibly I have a variety of handsets the only reason I haven't got a Samsung is because my father has one (S3) and he's annoying me when he has issues with it expecting me to help fix it as I'm so technically minded, used to repair computers for a living, web sites etc. so I play dumb. I know that's not a good enough reason but it's one I'm currently sticking too lol and I do have a lot of money spent on Music, Apps and wouldn't want to have to repurchase again, so I've stuck for apple for that reason also. But really considerin

g changing my mind. If I am not happy with the iPhone 7 I will definitly consider moving from the dark side lol.

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I could live with it, if it were only on one side 

but why should you ?

I wouldn't. I was just saying my eyes may ignore it, if were only on one side but as it effects all sides my eyes are drawn to it. I don't really know how to explain why I would live it if it were just one side to be honest and don't know why I said it.. lol

Message 49 of 67

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Z5 just been released *whistles away
Message 50 of 67