cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 1GB data in A DAY!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used all of my data last month, and my next 1GB of data was put back again yesterday as I'd come to the restart date in the month. I reset the timers in my data usage settings yesterday evening so I could monitor it this month (I did go a bit mad last month, but it took three weeks for me to use it all).

So half way through today I got a message to say I had nearly used up all of my data! I thought this was an error and ignored it, as I hadn't used it much at all. So anyway, I've been home for the last 7 hours, and it's just messaged me again to say I've used up all of my data!? In a day!! WTF!? I've been home using wifi! I have seen threads saying that the new iphone 5 update 6 has caused data usage problems, but they seem to be from back in October, is this still an issue?! Surely not!! I think I downloaded it yesterday or the night before. My phone currently says I've sent 566MB already, but online here it says I've gone over the 1GB allowed. I realise it takes 12 hours to update, but there is NO WAY I have used all that data. I have been home most of today.

I have now downloaded data usage monitoring apps, but I'm really annoyed that I've got no data for a month now, and seemingly for no reason?! What is going on??

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

I once managed to use a lot of data abroad by starting a download on wifi then walking out of coverage it then switched to using 3G automatically even though normally it wouldn't have started that download on 3G if no wifi was there.

I also used a lot up once by starting a phone restore in the Apple store and walking out, some downloads carried on, using up 2/3 of my allowance while waiting for a bus.

Message 21 of 21