cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Iphone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have bought an iphone 5, and its on O2 contract. How do I unlock it? and I dont know the number that has been registered for contract. please any help, because i need to use it with other sims rather than o2 as i travel many times to outside UK.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will have to do it as a PAYG phone as suggested but not until O2 release the iPhone 5 from the unlocking ban.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Their are live threads on this subject which holds the answers for you which can be accessed by using the 'search' function.

However to assist you ;

In short 02 at the moment are not unlocking the iPhone 5.

Normally you would request the unlock via the online request form on the 02 website. It's free for pay monthly customers and £15 for payg customers.

If you've bought the phone privately then you will need to get an 02 payg sim and register it , make a few chargeable calls and ensure it has £15 on it for the fee.

When you eventually get the unlock message from 02 then insert your alternative carriers sim in the iPhone and hook it up to iTunes where you'll get a congratulations message.
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Keep your eye on this page : http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

* To make sure our iPhone 5 stock is reserved exclusively for genuine O2 customers, while the demand remains high, we won't unlock the iPhone 5 at this time.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for advice, but the problem is, I have checked with checkmend and online checking and it says its on O2 contract and I don't know the contract information like SIM which has been used first for contract.

Is it possible to use another sim and follow the instruction that you gave me?

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think you'll have an issue with doing what I suggested earlier.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will have to do it as a PAYG phone as suggested but not until O2 release the iPhone 5 from the unlocking ban.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6