cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering in 3.0 with O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know if the UK (O2) is one of the countries that will support tethering in 3.0? I see AT&T aren't in the US.

Andy
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
just be grateful they are doing it at all as nobody in america will be able to do it!

Yet! :womanindifferent:
Message 21 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
just be grateful they are doing it at all as nobody in america will be able to do it!

Yet! :womanindifferent:

hows that job at AT&T head office of secrets?
Message 22 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
and you know better! lol
Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
and you know better! lol

no i listened to the keynote speach that stated that AT&T wont be one of the 22 countries supporting it then heard all the American journalists moaning! AT&T cant handle 3g as it is never mind tethering

just a quick edit! yeah i know better!
Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

no i listened to the keynote speach that stated that AT&T wont be one of the 22 countries supporting it then heard all the American journalists moaning! AT&T cant handle 3g as it is never mind tethering
just a quick edit! yeah i know better!

Oh do please get over yourself..

Won't be one of the 22 countries at launch... that's what you meant to say isn't it? There was no comment anywhere in the keynote saying they can't ever, will not ever, or whatever! and since when did AT&T become a country? It doesn't HAVE to be AT&T that provides the service either..

More likely the reason the keynote was done in the fashion it was; was if anything to cause some acute embarrassment to AT&T by making it clear that they weren't currently in 'the club' of networks providing the service at this time... they also made a big point of AT&T not providing MMS at this time also (indeed this very dressing down has been commented on by various journos who were present). In other words they were being publicly nudged by Apple to get their house in order. If they can't sort themselves out I'm pretty certain Apple and customers in the U.S won't idly sit still and accept a poor standard of service in comparison to the rest of the world. Either something will give and A&T will sort themselves out, or they'll lose exclusivity, if not the whole deal eventually, and I'd put money on that.

As for not be able to manage 3G, what actually do you think tethering uses? Voodoo?

Anyway that aside, I'm sure with your superior knowledge that I don't have to remind you about the 3G coverage that O2 'provided' not so long ago, and the rumblings being made towards them by OFCOM for not living up to the coverage conditions expected of them by virtue of being granted 3G spectrum allocation? They soon bucked their ideas up.. you telling me AT&T can't? I'd also argue that 3G provided by O2 still isn't all that wonderful in comparison to the competition!

To summarise.. you actually know sweet FA, just like the rest of us!
Message 25 of 25