Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen iPhone

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently gave my old iPhone 2 to my daughter, having put it back to factory settings. Today it was stolen during a break in.

I'd love to get it locked forever so that the scumbag thief gets nothing. BUT I don't have a record of the IMEI number and there was no sim card in it. I don't have the original packaging either. The only thing I know is what the phone number had been up until iPhone5 launch day.

I can't see that I can do anything, but just thought I'd ask here just in case.

Any thoughts

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets hope your daughter does not encounter any problems with her not being the registered owner of the phone in a O2 shop. I suspect they may refuse though.

Message 11 of 19

PiedPiper
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Lets hope your daughter does not encounter any problems with her not being the registered owner of the phone in a O2 shop. I suspect they may refuse though.

Hadn't thought of that. So to save her a wasted journey I've done it myself over O2 livechat. Took about an hour, but got there in the end.

Message 12 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@PiedPiper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hadn't thought of that. So to save her a wasted journey I've done it myself over O2 livechat. Took about an hour, but got there in the end.

One less thing to worry about:smileyhappy:

Message 13 of 19

PiedPiper
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly Jonsie - now I can focus all my effort on getting a replacement bulb for the electric christmas tree before it's too late !!

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Always make sure you set up find Iphone app as soon as u get he handset or iPod, iPad then you don't need all that hassle ov IMEI you can just hope on enougher device n track or block the device 

Message 15 of 19

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I for one have had great sucess from findmyiphone. Got stolen from the office at a nightclub I was working at whilst I was sorting out a fight.

40minutes later I have a terrified apology from a young guy and the bouncers working for me were £10 richer each grin
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 16 of 19

PiedPiper
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Always make sure you set up find Iphone app as soon as u get he handset or iPod, iPad then you don't need all that hassle ov IMEI you can just hope on enougher device n track or block the device 

Good thinking. I wish I had now. Next time.....

Message 17 of 19

PiedPiper
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good one Liquid. Hope we can call on you in the future!!

Happy Xmas

Message 18 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

also register your imei on the http://www.immobilise.com/ database helps the police locate owners etc after theft if found

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 19 of 19