cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railcard Student Offer Scam by O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchased an iPad last year in October, was told I could claim 20% student discount and entitiled to one 16-25 railcard. O2 said they will send me the code within 2-4 weeks. Hear NOTHING!

online chat 4 times, called 4 times, none of them solved my problem , instead told me the offer expire when I purchased the device or asked me irrelevant questions ... I don't believe O2 is a honest and trustworthy company because they launch a campaign to mislead customers!!! I got freaking scammed by O2, I could have better deals in other mobile provider without being tricked! 

Come on O2, I pay you so much a month in my contract and you have to freaking scam me for mere £30 railcard? Shame on you! 

Referring to T&Cs on O2 website to support my stand,

Eligible Customers who purchase an Eligible Connection and have requested the 20% discount on or after 14th April 2016 and before 00:00 31st January 2017 ("the Offer Period") will be entitled to claim 1 free annual 16-25 Railcard ("Free Railcard") only. Customers purchasing multiple Eligible Connections will not be entitled to more than 1 Free Railcard.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

You can complain through resolver too - they seem to get good results http://www.resolver.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your advice!

and btw do you know how can I receive text message in my iPad?? 

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot for your advice!

and btw do you know how can I receive text message in my iPad?? 

Yes, you can install Tu app http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13