cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 canceled my Ipad Pro 12.9" order without a notice a month after placing the order!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am exteremely disappointed with O2 about my Ipad Pro 12.9" order.

I placed the order about a month ago and I even paid for it. (They took a deposit amount of £175, plus the cost of ipad pencil £79, plus the upfront cost)

When I inquired about the delivery date, O2 customer services assured me to recieve my Ipad on the 12th of February.(three times)

I also received an e-mail confirming that O2 is currently processing my order and will let me know once it is dispatched.

It was the 12th of Feb and I went to the O2 shop where my Ipad was supposed to be delivered but it wasn't there. I didn't mind waiting a few more days however, I just learned that O2 canceled my order without sending me any notice.They say that they don't have this product in stock which took them a month to realize this.

They didn't give me any information about how they will refund my money or  compansate my pation if they ever will.

I am very annoyed and disappointed. I thought these things would happen with only EE but apppearently thats not true.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat with my order. My order was placed at the end of January whilst there was an offer on the upfront cost. My upfront and apple pencil cost were taken and all agreements received by me in e-mail. Since the order I have made two enquires as to the status of the order via chat to be told that stock is still awaited and that I would receive a text and e-mail once it was despateched.

I checked again on Friday to be told that the order had been automatically cancelled by the system due to stock delays and the money refunded to me. I could place the order again but there was an expected delivery of up to three weeks.

But guess what, I can not order at the price I did originally I will have to order at the current price which is significantly more than I paid.

Having spent over four hours on chat and speaking to management I am still no further forward and O2 do not seem to understand that the process that should have been followed was to contact the customer to see if they wanted to continue waiting for stock or if they wanted to cancel the order and recieve a refund.

I am currently waiting for contact from the resolver team as I want my order at the price I paid honouring. If not I will be taking it through legal processes to see if my consumer rights have been breached.

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
An interesting point you have raised.... Let us know how it evolves please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I'm not even sure they had the right to cancel your order without warning @Anonymous. Also it seems totally unjust that as a result of O2 cancelling, they will now expect you to pay the full non offer price?! 

Maybe @Toby or @MercedesS could offer advice here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 13