cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service for 3 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in lewisham, my iphone has been "no service" for 3 days already. It happend one time last year but just lasting for a few hours. Even when I went to central london yesterday, it was still "no service"... What should I do?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea~ I just tried power off and on, not reset like you said.  It works well now~ Thank you~ I know what to do if it happens again.

Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good result.

Message 12 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

So you were taking sim out with phone powered on Cry

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep the phone for about 2 months. It is bought at Belfast, an iphone5s, gold.

Thanks for asking, the problem is solved.

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to hear it is sorted for you. And thank you for updating the thread
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good idea~ I just tried power off and on, not reset like you said.  It works well now~ Thank you~ I know what to do if it happens again.

Nowadays lots of people choose to keep their smartphones on 24/7.

I turn mine off and on at least once a week which in my mind helps reset the phone, and give it a bit of downtime.

Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad your sorted slight_smile

Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had no phone service for 2 days now going onto day three!!!! The Live Status checker says a mast near me is not working. what is this! 3 days with no service!!!!! Surely I would have evry right to cancel my contract. I can´t even dial 999! 

Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Many people come on here after a few days of no service expecting to be able to cancel, but sadly you can't. The service is not guaranteed 100% and is covered on the T&C's http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
Mostly 5 to 7 days is the worse case depending on the type of fault but as it is logged on the status checker you know it is been worked on and will be fixed as soon as it humanly possible.
It's not in O2's interest to have a mast down for any extended length of time as well as it been an annoyance to customers.
Hope it's fixed soon for you and you may get a goodwill credit on your account if you call CS once it's fixed slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 22

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Unfortunately that isn't grounds to cancel your contract. No network can guarantee a 100% service and thereare terms and conditions covering this.

As O2 are aware of the fault they will repair the mast as soon as possible. They don't give timescales as varying factors will affect repair time.

Once service is restored you can call O2 and they may offer a goodwill gesture of credit on your account for the days you are without service.

Message 20 of 22