cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew it was too easy!

Last week I spent an inordinate length of time on the telephone to O2 Customer Services (Pay Monthly) department enquiring if there was such a thing as a DUPLICATE SIM available (so I could utilise two mobile telephones at different locations with the same telephone number (below)).  I was quite explicit in my request and was told that this was a feature that was available and a duplicate SIM would be posted to me

I received the SIM card in the post and fitted it into my second iPhone and went online to activate it: which all worked.  However, and to my extreme chagrin, I then found the SIM card in my previous iPhone ceased to function and I received a message of “No Service”.  This meant that any services I’d programmed into my telephone that were reliant on the original SIM card also ceased to function until I’d re-instigated them using the newly-received SIM card

Not only that, I’d completed an online questionnaire providing top scores for O2 Customer Service for which I now feel were undeserved and would like the opportunity to revise my opinion!

I assume that there is no such feature available to me and that I cannot allocate the same telephone number to two, identical iPhones?

Comments appreciated...

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144199 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Not possible at all on any UK networks but I did raise an idea that you might want to support here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Community-Ideas/Multi-Card/idi-p/1032158
If an idea gets 5 Kudos, O2 will look further into it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144199 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Not possible at all on any UK networks but I did raise an idea that you might want to support here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Community-Ideas/Multi-Card/idi-p/1032158
If an idea gets 5 Kudos, O2 will look further into it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2