cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming on or off

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do i need data roaming on or off when in the UK ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just leave it set to off
Message 2 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
It has no use in the uk only when abroad.

And keep it off then to avoid data charges.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Data Roaming does not apply if your are receiving your native carrier. Therefore turning it on or off in the UK will make no difference.

Roaming only applies when you are receiving call/texts etc. from another carrier ie when abroad. I would advise that you keep data roaming off, if you do go abroad you then you wont forget to to turn it off and thus avoid any crippling charges. You will still be able to make and receive calls and texts as this is not affected by this.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would advise that you keep data roaming off, if you do go abroad you then you wont forget to to turn it off and thus avoid any crippling charges. .

If you are running iOS4.0/4.01 then just turning "data roaming" to off will not be enough. You must turn "cellular data" to off or you will incur data charges.
A large number of people, myself included have been caught by this "bug" :robotmad:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would advise that you keep data roaming off, if you do go abroad you then you wont forget to to turn it off and thus avoid any crippling charges. .

If you are running iOS4.0/4.01 then just turning "data roaming" to off will not be enough. You must turn "cellular data" to off or you will incur data charges.
A large number of people, myself included have been caught by this "bug" :robotmad:

i do both anyway if abroad liek i was the same month i got the phone as i saw roaming as selecting data through a 3rd party network and cellular data as accepting data...its like do you want to connect to 3rd party do you want data from them...jsut like i turn off location services when not using the particular apps.
Message 6 of 6