cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad CS support in getting Apple Watch activated on cellular.

GamerRaver
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I purchased an Apple Watch (S10) outright on Friday.

I already had a Apple Watch (S6) from o2, still paying £5

Now, there was an issue with my new Apple Watch.

after activating cellular plan for my Apple Watch, I had to reset the watch as was having a separate issue with my restore.

now during this, it deleted my data plan from my watch okay that’s fine we can just activate it again right?

I’ve been stuck on dredded error 08 for over 24 hours.

i called into o2 support this morning, CS rep didn’t know anything clearly lacking training on your service desk side, asked me to go to an Apple Store when it’s not in any way apples issue (I work in IT so take what I’m telling you as a professional in this field.) 

CS reps even mentioned about asking if I would like to cancel, seriously? Was she just trying to wind me up?

so now I’ve done some research and low and behold o2 just need to send me a new eSIM to my iPhone and this will give my Apple Watch a “new” data plan. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Apple-Watch-FAQs-amp-Activation-Guide/ba-p/1684464

But why am I having to do o2 CS reps job for them I don’t know.

O2 you seriously need to do better. I will be leaving your network in the next 2-3 months because quality has dropped in past 2 years (I just paid £200 upfront towards my contract with another £350 outstanding.)

however, I would just like my Apple Watch to work now as that is what I have paid for. I shouldn’t have to research and your customer representatives should never, never try to escalate to 3rd party (being Apple) when it is a cellular issue with o2’s side.

you also need to work on your SLA within live chat. It states 30-40 min when it’s well above 1

hour.

first thing about ITIL is to set achievable goals, so not only are you affecting internal quality, you’re annoying customers too.

your CS rep on there closed the chat before I could mention a key part of info, now and behold the issue still occurred this morning leading me to call in this morning with even worse support. 

I am glad to not work for o2 no way would I ever work in service desk for your company given what I have seen as a technical customer. 

o2 can say goodbye to £200/month from me soon as pay for family rolling contracts and I think it’s best I get my whole family moved across as I cannot trust nor rely on o2. We will be going to EE where signal actually works in the most important city in the country (being london) unlike o2.

The time wasted with all this has pushed me into thinking of creating a complaint and going through ombudsman so I won’t have to pay for the rest of my contract. I’m very apprehensive of paying a dime for a company I have zero respect for.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

GamerRaver
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh and I have tried to reach out to support on twitter but I’ve just been ignored while they respond to people who have tagged them sooner than me. Extremely disrespectful when it can all be viewed. Cannot wait to leave o2.

Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11561 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@GamerRaver 

All the ways to cancel are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

And what the hell has ITIL got to do with it as its Customer Service Operations don't use it and most IT Departments dont use it or pretend to use it and CS Agents what have a clue what it even is..   

You really think you get through to an IT Service Desk, more fool you...

And o2 wont give 2 hoots about £2400 per year...  as unless your ARPU is much much higher you are not even a high spending customer

IF you want to go through the ombudsman then you need to follow the correct process which is to raise a complaint all the details are here https://o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

o2 have 8 weeks to reply to you before you can go to the ombudsman, as they wont even touch it till this time period has expired then about another 4-8weeks for them to come to a decision... 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 3