cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any iPad Air 2 Deals?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I know this is probably going to seem like a stupid question but I'm thinking of getting an iPad Air 2 and was wondering if it's included in any deals? I know with the iPad Air (and other tablets) there was this whole thing of not having to pay anything upfront if you get certain tariffs, but there doesn't seem to be anything to say if the iPad Air 2 is in the deal too.

Also, I just got the latest free O2 magazine and it says there's going to be this deal you can get where you just get the one data plan for if you've got both a smartphone and a tablet. As I already have an iPhone 5S and probably wouldn't take my iPad out much (if ever!) then this would be a great help, especially as I'm currently only on the 2GB data bolt-on for my iPhone.

Overall, it would be great if there is some sort of deal I can get if I have both the iPad and iPhone on O2. I used to have an iPhone 4S on O2 and an iPad 3 on Orange/EE,  which was very expensive to keep paying every month for two years.

Finally, I've been trying to keep up-to-date on other topics on here about getting the iPad Air 2 and have seen people have been having trouble getting it. Does anyone know when it's likely to become available in the stores?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Your best bet would be to have a chat with CS as they will have all the latest info http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The iPad air is available on the refresh tariff.

But seems to be limited on stock availability.

A recent thread from O2 http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/iPad-Air-2-amp-iPad-Mini-3-Coming-to-O2-soon/m-p/796421/hi...
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Your best bet would be to have a chat with CS as they will have all the latest info http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the replies. I've had an online chat with Customer Services and they've said the following:

1. They're not doing the offer anymore where you don't have to pay anything upfront for tablets if you're already an existing customer.

2. They are going to be doing a "Data Sharer" offer beginning next week which I might go in for as it'll allow me to share my data allowance across both an iPad and my iPhone, rather than paying for two separate allowances. They've suggested I wait until this starts before purchasing an iPad as it'll be more laborious and time-consuming to switch to it and link the two accounts later.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help and suggestions.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Thanks for updating your thread.
The data sharing tariffs are a good idea and something new to O2 so you'll have to let us know what details you get offered slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting update.

Thank you.
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Data sharing? What a good idea! Do any other networks do this already?....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Yes, both EE and Voda (O2 currently only on business tariffs)

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, both EE and Voda (O2 currently only on business tariffs)

Oh...no good to the majority of us then....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Not until next week it would appear wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11