Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weather app

mac1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

how do i get the weather app up and running on my samsung galaxy s3...ive tried most things 

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Isn't there a setting to allow GPS to help with the location fix?

How to activate location services on S3

You must activate location services to receive location information or search the map.

In the application list, select Settings, and then Location services.

Change the following options:

Use wireless networks: Set to use Wi-Fi and/or mobile networks to find your location. You may incur additional charges for using mobile networks.

Use GPS satellites: Set to use GPS satellites to find your location.

Use sensor aiding: Set to use sensors to enhance pedestrian positioning when the GPS signal is weak or obstructed. There may be variations between the sensor estimates and your actual location.

Location and Google search: Set the device to use your current location for Google search and other Google services.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions
What exactly is the problem?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 15

mac1
  • 37 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

i have the app up but it wont change to the location that im at and keeps going back to some place called candle street..

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions
I take it you have enable "Use current Location" and have "Auto Scrolling" off in the app settings and have enabled "use wireless networks" in Location services? After checking all of these reboot the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 15

mac1
  • 37 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

tried all that , it just keeps telling me i,m in candle street with no weather update.

Message 5 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

How to activate location services on S3

You must activate location services to receive location information or search the map.

In the application list, select Settings, and then Location services.

Change the following options:

Use wireless networks: Set to use Wi-Fi and/or mobile networks to find your location. You may incur additional charges for using mobile networks.

Use GPS satellites: Set to use GPS satellites to find your location.

Use sensor aiding: Set to use sensors to enhance pedestrian positioning when the GPS signal is weak or obstructed. There may be variations between the sensor estimates and your actual location.

Location and Google search: Set the device to use your current location for Google search and other Google services.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Not in the app itself but there is in Location Services. Shouldn't be required to use GPS for the weather app. It seems this is a broader connection issue with the phone not getting a cell tower fix.
Message 7 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's possible, just trying to cover all the angles.

Message 8 of 15

mac1
  • 37 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

appears to be working now..hope it keeps running thanks mi5.

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions

@mac1 wrote:

tried all that , it just keeps telling me i,m in candle street with no weather update.

Are you anywhere near London, E1 ?
Message 10 of 15