cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb charging

Anonymous
Not applicable

question

ive been charging my s3 up on laptop for about 2-3 weeks now (replacement wall charger coming tomorrow)

now the phone took full charge the 1st week or so but now its only getting to about 15% and it says charging it wont go past 15%

the phone is 9 months old , so is that the battery on its way or is it saying give me a proper charge pls

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

charging phone up now with wall charger and seems charging up fine upto 80% as i type

so fingers crossed its just needing a proper charge

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It may be your usb lead or usb port on your pc that could be at fault also.

Also look in the charging ports and all others on the phone to ensure no dust or lint has crept in them.

Wait until the wall charger arrives and try that.

If it still does not go past 15% then it indeed could be the battery or charging port on the phone.

Contact the manufacturer.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/location/supportServiceLocation.do?page=SERVICE.LOCATION

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for that
ive swaped usb ports over and no change , also its showing up as connected as media on the phone and shows up charging
its a brand new cable so as u said lets wait and see what the wall charger thinks lol
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you charged it up via the usb avenue before and if so has it charged to 100% !

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

try switching of n chargeing if that fails lend battery or ask some on to charge yours if not working then get it repaired would ring samsung and take to reair centre take them 30 mins and your phone can b fixed or replaced good luck another s3 bites the dust 

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

charging phone up now with wall charger and seems charging up fine upto 80% as i type

so fingers crossed its just needing a proper charge

Message 6 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and thank you for coming back to update your thread.

Good to hear things are looking ok.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
final update , seems all sorted charged up fine and holding it charge , jobs a gooden
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions