cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple "default SMS" messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help? I am receiving repeated text messages from "default SMS" (no number is shown). They all say the same thing, which begins "Field 1= TEMPLATE FIELD 2668, Field 2 = " etc. They come through randomly at all hours of the day and night and I cannot stop them - and the noise is keeping me awake!

My phone is a Galaxy GT-S5830. I  use it only for phone calls and texts and it is not connected to the internet.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It's not something I have ever seen before TBH. Maybe call CS to report it - They may have other calls logged?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Sounds like you have Cell Broadcast turned on. Go into message settings and look for CB or Broadcast and make sure it's off or unticked.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for prompt reply, but have looked at that and it is already unchecked - so must be something else.

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Strange. Have you recently installed any apps dating back to when you started getting these messages?

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Have you installed Handcent or GoSMS ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have also received a number of these messages over the last few day although I do not have an android handset I have a lumia 800 so I am thinking it is a network issue.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It's not something I have ever seen before TBH. Maybe call CS to report it - They may have other calls logged?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It's a new one on me too. I suspect if it was a network problem there would be many more posts about it on the forum.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try your sim card in another handset to see if it travells with your sim or if it's only on your Windows handset?

Message 9 of 9