cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia l1 paper n SIM tray

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I got the child the l1 for Christmas from O2 shop opens it to put SIM card in to find two bits of paper in the trays. I've pulled them out and now the SIM tray won't come out. Reading I now know the paper contains the phone details but how do I unjam the tray .... And will O2 take this phone back and replace it as it mentions nothing bout the paper in the set up of the leaflet
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Returns and repairs info here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy

Or if bought less than 14 days ago then there is the change of mind policy here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Edited to add ...most O2 shops are open today 10-4pm so you could take it back if you have one close by..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cleoriff thanks from a quick response and it's appreciated.
Had a quick glance at both links their. The phone was bought their on Friday so less than a week ago.
Question is because I've pulled the paper out is it going to be classed as a fault or will they say I should not have pulled the paper out n charge me for the repair. I've gone through the wee booklet on start up of the phone which mentions nothing of this paper in the slots untill after set up and even then it's unclear as to it being their.
Thank you
Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
They will say it’s your fault but they should be able to fix it for you.
It isn’t a warranty issue if that’s what you’re asking.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5 for ur response ... How silly for Sony to put bits of paper in I actually thought it wud slide out but it just ripped 😪 I've one disappointed child with no Xmas present will go to the shop shortly when it opens see what they say
Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@AnonymousIt's easy enough for an O2 shop advisor to fix a 'jammed' sim tray...When I had a S3, mine jammed. I took it in the shop and the guy fixed it within a minute..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks cleoriff ... My friend said to take back say child didn't like it and get a different one but 1) I'm to honest and 2) it would be my look they would in the SIM tray 😂.
I will take it down and be honest and hopefully they agree and help me.
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
They should sort it for free anyway.
It’s a legal requirement to have that info on the phone, that’s why it’s there and they put it on paper to prevent having to print it on the back of the phone and look ugly.
Old phones had the info on a sticker under the battery but that’s not possible on phones with no removable back or battery.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5... It would have been much better had they have mentioned at the start of the set up booklet what the paper was for and it was to left their instead at the end of the book it just shows an image of the paper sticking out but no info as to what to do with it it's like getting a child's toy that has paper between the battery to stop the connections touching when new.
I hope they do sort this out thank you
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Most people never find it and don’t know it’s there.
You must be hyper vigilant lol 😂

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17