cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z5 premium

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you think o2 will have the premium available when it is released? I really hope so because I'm due upgrade very very soon! Any replies greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

For now it's best to make sure you register your details here: https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates

I'd love to be able to say the Z5P's definitely coming to O2 but we just don't have any confirmation of that yet so as frustrating as I know it is, only thing we can do is sit tight for a few weeks. As the handset isn't expected to be out until around November, I reckon we'll have more info sometime in October.

Literally as soon as there's anything concrete i'll post an official thread here - I too am considering it for my upgrade if it heads our way!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yeah, they will.
Sony and O2 have a good relationship and I'd fully expect the premium to be available through o2.

The z4 tablet is network exclusive to O2, and only available to ee customers through CPW.
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
We would certainly expect so but we asked and @Chris_K is checking for us - I'm interested in it too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The only problem, will be if Sony only sell within Sony.
I doubt that will happen tho.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news guys! Hmm I really like the chrome version. Not sure if it will be available through O2? Or I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with the black either. Not too keen on gold
Message 5 of 11

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

For now it's best to make sure you register your details here: https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates

I'd love to be able to say the Z5P's definitely coming to O2 but we just don't have any confirmation of that yet so as frustrating as I know it is, only thing we can do is sit tight for a few weeks. As the handset isn't expected to be out until around November, I reckon we'll have more info sometime in October.

Literally as soon as there's anything concrete i'll post an official thread here - I too am considering it for my upgrade if it heads our way!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update Chris. I do have a query for you...my contract runs out on September 15th but want to upgrade to the premium. Can I carry on the contract till if and when it is released?
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 125816 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Yes you can continue with a 30 day rolling contract. This will continue until you give notice or inform CS

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the update Chris. I do have a query for you...my contract runs out on September 15th but want to upgrade to the premium. Can I carry on the contract till if and when it is released?

Depending on how long between end of contract and Z5P avaialbility, you might want to consider dropping to a 30 day simo tariff to save some money, unless you are on refresh which will automatically reduce in cost.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm on refresh so i will only be paying airtime? And can upgrade when it comes out?
Message 10 of 11