Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voice Mail on Android

User1230746754
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I have a new O2 contract and moving my number from another operator. Just tested activating VVM on my Pixel phone but it fails to activate. I had another O2 contract line last year and activation VVM was never a problem. 

I have called customer service about it but they are clueless. Most of them ask me to reset network, update phone firmware etc. Phone is up to date and Google Phone app is too updated to the latest version. I can see phone app sends registration SMS but does not receive reply from O2.

Are there any tips/tricks to get it working?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23934 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148933 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28446 Solutions

@User1230746754 

How long since your number transferred, as sms are usually the last to fully come online?

Might explain why the activation text isn't being replied to.

Also check here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

Are you receiving other shortcode texts, such as from banks or other sites that send a code to login?

OTP's are a separate porting file that may have been missed when your number was ported.

Customer services can check and advise Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

User1230746754
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My number is being transferred at the moment. Transfer will complete tomorrow. I can receive and send messages to current temporary number without any issues.

I am an android developer and delved in to VVM protocol a bit. I know how it works. I can see form phone logs in developer mode that Google Phone app attempts to register but does not receive any reply from O2.

I am trying to find out how to get to to someone higher up at O2 customer care who has access or knowledge about VVM.

How does one resolve such technical issues with O2? Is there an email address that I can contact apart from first line support?

I see in the links above I can tag @@Martin-O2 but e seems to be no longer work at O2. Is there anyone else?

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148933 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28446 Solutions

@User1230746754 

No one from tech here.

You can only ask 1st line to escalate it for you.

However, once your number transfers, it will take up to 10 days for it to populate fully on all O2 systems, so a little time may be all that is needed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5