cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating HTC One X+

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on my third HTC one X+ now due to updating it and the device hanging in airplane mode. Is there anyway around this or should i just skip the update this time?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
I would avoid the update until HTC sort out the bug.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this:

If you get the issue of the HTC One X being stuck in airplane mode there are a couple of fixes.

First check to see if you are able to turn it off by:

- Sliding the Notification Panel open and then tapping the gear symbol.  From there tap the Airplane Mode to turn it on/off.

If it is still stuck in Airplane Mode after that point than you can resolve this by doing a soft reset on the device (this won't have any effect on the information stored on the phone).  You can do this by pressing and holding down the Power key for 10 seconds and the phone will reboot and the issue should be resolved.

Got to be worth a try

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried soft resets etc with the other two.

Also I have contacted HTC themselves about the issue and they basically said they've never heard of this issue and it is O2's side.

"the updates that you install on your phone are coming from O2 being a network branded device."

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
That'll be all the testing O2 do for "A great customer experience! wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
So far I've had anything except a great customer experience.

I should reference that back to "I'M ON MY THIRD HTC" with no solution to the problem if it happens again except skip the update. Which is more of a work around than a solution.
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
I don't understand why O2 mess about so long supposedly testing software updates only to release it full of bugs.... I wish they'd just pass on the Manufacturers updates without messing with them....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely agree with your post MI5, i'm no expert but I have to say that the only 'smartphone' i've had any real problems with was a carrier branded one - htc sensation on Voda - their forum was packed with issues like the one in this thread and I was experiencing most of them. My current One X was purchased sim-free from CPW and I have had none of the issues you see all over the various forums slight_smile

Also my Desire that I had prior to the Sensation was free of any commonly mentioned issues -I firmly believe that carrier branding (bloatware as I believe it's fondly referred to) is responsible for many of the issues people complain about.

My advice - go CPW/P4U or direct from the manufacturer every time - another plus is you'll almost certainly get software updates as soon as they're released by the maker!

Message 8 of 8