cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not working after upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I upgraded my phone contract at carphone warehouse on Wednesday, and was told that everything should be up and running within 24 hours. But here i am on Friday and still no service.

I've been not O2 customer service who just told me to keep turning the phone on and off, or speak to carphone warehouse. This morning I went into carphone warehouse who have told me there is nothing they can do and to pop into an O2 store, which I dully did just to be told yeah you guessed it - speak to carphone warehouse.

Please help, I'm being fobbed off by all parties involved and now without a phone, as my other one was traded in
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you sim swapped if your using a new SIM card.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Also check your masts here to ensure all is ok with them http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi mate, yes, I've been through that link previously, however I have no way of receiving SMS code
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume then your phone takes a different sized SIM card to the original phone ?

Can you pop your original sim in a friends phone to get the code ,or ask an O2 employee to pop it in one of the stores phones and ask O2 to sim swap for you in store.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thank you, will have to pop into O2 store tomorrow
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Until the simswap has been actioned to move your tariff and mobile number from the old SIM card to the new one you won't get service.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146972 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
I guess CPW must have given you a blank sim card and not activated the swap. Where is your old sim card now?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 7