cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S4 - Poor Network Service And Battery Life

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S4 from O2 on the day it was released (I was due for an upgrade) and instantly fell in love with the device from day one. I originally owned an Apple Iphone 4S and was very keen to try an Android model, I was very happy with my Iphone so I knew the S4 would have big boots to fill.

Anyway I have noticed from the last couple of weeks my Signal strength has dramatically reduced to almost no connection and defiantly no internet. The first few months with the same device and Sim card (NO CHANGE) I would normally have full signal and internet connection. I find my self constantly on a day to day basis having to restart my phone for the connection to refresh and search for a better signal, sometimes still only showing one bar and no internet, other days back to normal high strength signal. This weekend I had no signal all day and received no calls nor texts, at 11pm at night I noticed this problem and restarted the phone like normal and then released I had multiple texts and miss calls from that day which I really needed to answer!

I have also noticed recently my battery level is dropping a lot faster than normal, even though I have no apps open and RAM memory Cleaned. I don’t have multiple apps open nor do I have a thousand apps installed. The first few months of owning the phone I could use the device heavily for the whole day and only putting the phone on charge in the evening. Now I am forced to put the device on charge during the day, feels like owning an Iphone again!

This is the first time I have owned a Samsung / Android phone and I feel this device could possibly be faulty and needs replacing however I am not sure who to contact. My friend had the same issue with her S4 and O2 replaced the device, difference though was she was still in the 14 day cool off period.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi if the device is faulty I would advise you to contact Samsung directly o2s repair service is known to be shockingly bad

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi if the device is faulty I would advise you to contact Samsung directly o2s repair service is known to be shockingly bad
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your input, i spoke directly to Samsung as advised, they suggested a full Factory reset before sending the device off. Going to try this first and see how i roll slight_smile
Message 3 of 3