cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Ace - cant activate data network connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have text ACTIVE to 2020 and still can't activate data network connection

Have gone to Settings> Wireless and Networks> Mobile networks> ticked Use packet data, and till it won't activate data network connection and therefore I can't use the internet

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That should work fine, maybe phone is faulty?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Have you rebooted the phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, powered off and back on several times
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Go into settings >wireless and networks >mobile networks and find APN's (access point names). Check you have a green dot or a tick next to the O2 internet apn.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I've just checked this and I do have a green dot next the the O2 WAP Prepay but when I long press the power button on the side, the Data network mode is still deactivated

It's driving me mad ;o)

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
When you press the power button on the side you can touch on the data network line to activate it.. It will only show your data connection if wifi is off, BTW.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't seem to do anything when I touch it !! I simply returns to my home page and then when I press the power button again, it's still deactivated

I've just checked and I don't have WiFi enabled

Any other suggestions... thanks
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That should work fine, maybe phone is faulty?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have just fixed my problem, go to settings, mobile networks, go to apn.. click the options button on the bottom left of the phone, then click reset to default.. click circle next to top one and voila!!

Message 9 of 12

Beanphoto
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have same issue. None of the methods above have worked. Any further suggestions would be appreciated?

Message 10 of 12