Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P9 Emui 4.1.1

Robjam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anyone know when emui 5.0 (containing nougat) will be available? Current version is L09C432B182
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It's available now... though we need @Chris_K to confirm when it's being rolled out for O2 devices

https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/how-to/huawei-emui-5-1-update-eligible-devices-t3607920

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It's available now... though we need @Chris_K to confirm when it's being rolled out for O2 devices

https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/how-to/huawei-emui-5-1-update-eligible-devices-t3607920

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

The software version you have listed is an open market software, so the update is on a different roll-out path than O2 software updates. We're still awaiting further details for the O2 build, but for open market ones you'd be best trying to contact Huawei for any updates.

If or when we get further info related to either the O2 builds, or open market ones, we'll let everyone know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Thanks for the clarification @Chris_K wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Robjam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the update. I checked with huawei customer service and they said the update was being sent to devices randomly OTA but couldn't give an exact time. So have to sit and wait.
Message 5 of 8

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Robjam. I too was on EVA-L09C432B182 and I gave up waiting for the update to arrive OTA and used Firmware Finder (from the Google play Store) to download the update.

I kept trying to download various update packages.  Eventually B386, dated 03/05/2017 worked.  I don't know why it didn't work the first few times I tried.  Once it had installed and re-started etc, I went to Settings > System Update and it picked up B390.  Once that had finished, after a couple of minutes, I tried again and it picked up B391.  Finally, it found B395.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

Just a heads up - Nougat for the P9 and P9 Lite has all been approved our end for Open Market devices so we're hoping you'll see this become available soon, in the next week or so.

Regarding the P9 Plus open market update, this is something Huawei continues to work on and we hope to receive it soon, but i'll keep you posted.

Message 7 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Last Monday (sorry I didn't update sooner - I was at MWC and couldn't fly home due to Snowmageddon) our devices team approved the Open Market Nougat update for the P9 Plus, so if this isn't already available for you, it should be soon.

Message 8 of 8